Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

I am dropping weight like crazy

So I guess I have been tapering for real since Saturday. Sunday when I went to the doc I weighed 102 lbs. with a sweatshirt pants and skate shoes on. Today its 96lbs. Which is crazy and not cool. I am eating, alot yesterday I even had fast food that I NEVER eat. Could the pills or lack of as many pills mess with my metabolism??? And when not working I lay around either on here reading or watching tv. Mainly because I am attached to a heating pad as much as possible.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well..I hope I get the same result as you. I have noticed since on these pills I gained a TON of weight. Now I am not CERTAIn that is where it came from, but my stomach is just huge also.

I am hoping that I notice a change in weight also for the better though. As I am sure this extra weight is contributing to the already pain in my back thus making it worse now.

But I am sure this is from being off the meds..you will regain what you need to when your 100%. A little at a time hun..it will all come back together.
Tracy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Don't get me wrong I am petite to begin with I am 5'1  but generally weigh in at 106-110. Losing even 5 lbs looks like 15 on me since I am short. So I start looking sick and people start asking questions. And I lose weight in my face first and my arms. Never good places like butt boobs or belly. Even at 85 lbs when I had mono I was a 32D. I don't like this. Anything i can do to balance it all out. Without eating gross stuff. I am a salmon and salad kind of girl. Not junk food.
Helpful - 0
Hey girl......same issue here. Only I'm about 5'3 and I weigh about 110, I used to weigh about 135 (loved that size, all the weight went in all the right places, miss them dayz) But I haven't been able to eat the way that I want to right now, I  mean that and considering everytime I try to eat my daughter sees me with food and crawls to me screaming " Maaaaaaaa" cause she thinks she can eat everything I do, so I always end up putting my food away so she don't cry like that cause some things she can't have. So I can't even get a full meal in....when I got myself up to 135, I did it by eating baked potatoes all the time.....every night before I went to bed I would eat like 2-3 baked potatoes with whatever i wanted on them....I'd melt american cheese on them, bacon bits, lil bit of sour cream OR ranch dressing, season salt, pepper, girl and sometimes I'd get other stuff to add with it LoL and that put weight on me REAL quick...before I was 135-140 I was like 117, and I wanted to be thicker (i'm like total opposite of anorexia...I think that i'm to skinny rather then think i'm to fat) But try something that has alot of startch in it, and eat it at night time, right before you go to sleep!!!! Hope the advice works!!
Helpful - 0
Well I am 5'6 and only weigh 100lbs because of being sick. Before I was sick I had 15 more lbs.
Helpful - 0
i am also having problems keeping my weight on and I am already under where I should be. I am drinking high cal fruit juice and eating sugar rich foods every two hours and am just about staying stable.
Helpful - 0
since iv switched from methodone to subutex i cant eat at all..its been two weeks that iv been on subutex now and i still cant eat. iv lost about 8 to 10 pounds..
Helpful - 0
For the first three weeks after Cold Turkey... I couldn't eat anything... hit or miss at best.

But I did manage to swallow some protein here and there my appetite just was not there.

Just don't let yourself get dehydrated... drink water..the weight will come back.

I lost 12 lbs druing detox (which I couldn't afford to do).... last three weeks have been better, my appetite is OK... I gained back two lb.   I went on a Hershey Choc bar kick two weeks ago.... but that just made my appetite worse.    But I've noticed that I'm able to eat more now than three weeks ago.

Tomorrow is 6 weeks free of pills for me.  

Gip
Helpful - 0
Hey Guys,
I lost about ten pounds during the first two weeks of withdrawals...I think it was a combo of the diarrhea, and of the codeine having been so constipating that it held in the bad stuff that needed to come out, hence the weight gain. EVERY time I started taking pills again, I would begin to gain weight immediatedly. Hope this helps, and sorry to be so bold, but it is what it is.
Helpful - 0
You could go to GNC and get some weight gainers, they're like 500 Cals a serving or more so you take 1-2 servings a day and eat normally during the day and you should put the weight back on. That'd probably be your best bet in my opinion.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.