Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thursday Blows a Gasket

So in this journey to drug free life, I have made a committment to myself for my sanity and health that I will no longer stuff, swallow, hide my frustrations, anger, sadness or other negative emotion.  I will get rid of them.  I have been doing this by writing writing writing.  Well,  I'd like to show ya'll my arse.
So yesterday I'm talking to my girlfriend and I hear my dog barking I say hang on I think the dog got out. Well the kids left the garage door open and sure nough shes out there playing with a red retreiver.  Old dog old owners no offense mangee. Anyway the man trips on his dog and fall in the street.  Before any of this happend I grabbed my dog and said I was so sorry it was an accident and I would not let it happen again.  Then he tripped and fell.  and started fussing at me.  
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
ALL of what gip said my friend.

I am sorry to hear that you had this day...but it also seems as if you reached inside and found more of YOU inside.

I have noticed through the course of this past year..all I do is snap! And I mean snap. What you did with this situation is something I would do with the same situation. I get MEAN, and I need to change that part of me eventually. However, if you are one who holds it all in then you have finally released some of what you been keeping in, finally.
Huggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
It's OK to be angry... it truly is...I'm not exactly sure of precisely what went down w/the fall... thankfully it doesn't seem as though the old gent was hurt.   And perhaps you will be able to apologize and perhaps you might find a reason not to HAVE to apologize.  It's all about YOU and what you find in your heart to be appropriate.

People get angry... some of us have been so used to never showing anger we feel guilt over what is "normally ok to be angry about' ... if that makes sense.

Guilt is a very, very wasted emotion.  Although we all experience guilt.  But in all actuality we can't do a damn thing about the past...just make "now" Ok w/us.  If you find a need to apologize... do it.  If you don't ... why bother....

I always think no one is going to love me if I really say what I feel.. but know what... I can't keep up my facade of being the "everything is fine girl" any more.   Made up my mind I don't want to be that person anyway.   It's not about our feelings (they are the only thing we really own) it's what we do with our feelings that count.

So what... you had a moment... it happens to all of us.. you could have just drowned it with a pill.. I think it's all part of the process.

One day at a time dear..... it's all going to be what it is ....

Take Care of you
Gip
Helpful - 0
This new format SUCKS.Well I went off like a rocket.  In front of all the neighborhood kids I told him Don't you fuss at me you tripped over your own ******* dog in the middle of the ******* road handle your own **** and I'll handle mine.  (i'm screaming the kids mouths are hanging open.) He continues to berate me and i told him if he thought I was going to stand in my own ******* yard and get dressed down for his fall he had another thing coming and then he threatened to sue so I so come on in and let me get you my name and number.  Well he walked off.  I was shaking. I called the neighbor mother to apologize for using every expletive in the book.  But I felt great and here;s the rub.  I stole his energy.  I took it.  He lost face when he fell down and I made it worse by taking what he had left.  Thats what these pills do.  They bleed you dry.  You have nothing left.  so my next goal is to get my energy back and not at the expense of others.  I pray I have a chance to say I'm sorry.  Pray that I do .
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.