Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

vicaddict??? i have a taper question...

So I went from 30mg a day to 15mg over the weekend when i first started chatting with all of you. i had to obviously because of lack of pills remaining. then when i found more pills i stayed there since i had gotten myself there. I took fifteen until yesterday, i took 12mg yesterday. i was considering going to 10 today, but now i am thinking maybe i should stay at 12mg another day and let my body adjust??? with my job I can't afford to feel too bad. febuary is when my business picks up after the holidays. thank god i wasn't doing this in december. How are you doing your taper as far as when you drop mgs??
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi hun....if you CAN remain at what you have been taking...my suggestion is to keep it that way maybe a couple more days. But remember it is up to you how you feel.
I had a hell of a time, and  I wanted to taper every 3 days but my friend who is holding my pills saw first hand how I was struggling. So she said maybe a week then switch. So yesterday was start of week #2....I went from my 3/day down to ONE whole in the morning, a hlaf in the afternoon and a whole at night...2 1/2 a day.
SO my 3 a day would be 15mgs /day of the hydro.
Now this week I am at 12.5/day
I have heard to wait at least 3 days...allowing your body to adjust to the lower dose. I dropped from anywhere between 8 MIn. to 12 MAX/day to the 3/day. The first week sucked! But, I have had less symtoms the past few days than I did a week ago. So if you feel you can go down go ahead otherwise a few more days will not hurt on what your tapering now.
Let me know if anything else you want to know hun.
Huggs and WAY TO GOOOOOOOOO
Tracy
Helpful - 0
I guess like me you could do it this way also..
You said you are now at 12 mg.
So that is 2 1/2 also I am assuming if you are on the 5/500's.

If you took one whole this morning, then take the half this afternoon or if you are not feeling bad maybe just take it along with you. Then if you need it you have it. Then tonight at bedtime take the other whole for bedtime.
There have been some days..like last night..I went to bed w/o taking my bedtime pill. I simply just felt I did not need it. But this morning was a total dif story. I took my morning pill right away.

I think the half in the middle works the best. Then your not having such a waiting period until bedtime.
Hope this helps.
Tracy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
you have helped me so much in the past few days. i think i will stay at 12mg for another day and then see how i feel tommorrow. i woke up with more pain today than i had. my plan will be to be at 10mg by saturday so if I feel like poo i can just chill out and chat sunday. saturday will be way too busy to even think about feeling bad. i have 8 clients and i work my bar job at night.  i would like to somehow manage putting my stop day at next sunday so i can freak out and veg if needed.

stephanie
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
this morning i took half of a 10mg and half of a 5mg equally 7.5. when i get home i will take a 5mg. i feel i need the majority of my allowance at the earlier part of the day. and haven't needed an afternoon dose. Mainly because of my hours. i go to work in the afternoon 3 days out of the week.
Helpful - 0
Ty hun...and heres a little something to hopefully make you feel better....by next week? You shouldn't feel too bad hun. By then you will have allowed your body enough time to adjust and all should be fine. Well cravings I hear is the next battle..but the w/d's is what I can't handle!
The cravings part I have already but not sure how it will be when I am totally done with these! I will worry about that though when it comes.

Huggs to you hun!
Tracy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
other than some pain at varying degrees and a few mild symptoms. I haven't felt that bad. i guess i am lucky. i plan to make the toughest drops on days i don't have to work. like sunday and monday this week. and i don't really have cravings. i am looking at this as an as needed basis insteed of letting the pull to take them affect me.
Helpful - 0
i went from 100-150mgs of norco daily`to essentially 0.but heres how i did it.i will say it involved a drs. help.i saw here om mon nite.i had no pills. she said that was not good. cold turkey is not the best way.she gave me a script for 15norcos,and something called clidinium.with instructions to take 3 norcos daily for 3 days.then 2 norcos with the clidinium for 2 days. then 1norco and 1clidinium for 1 day.i'm on day day 3 thurs. and i think its working.they were very good at work about it.they liked the idea of a drs. care.they have been suprisingly supportive.i think i can make it this time.i'm letting too many people down. at work and especially at home.i forgot, she also gave me a script for amniencr to help with the sleepeness.i should have done this years ago. i could have avoided much unneccessary mental and physical suffering. i was always afraid of being judged a drug addicted. i was wrong.everyone,my family, coworkers, and even dr.were more supportive than i could have ever dreamed.to anyone out there on the fence about quitting, try this.try anything.just get off these pills from the devil
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I went to a doc earlier this week and no help. Luckily after finding some pills I was able to plan my taper. i am down to 12mg today. i am taking xanax at night to sleep. and some herbal supplements. so far so good.
Helpful - 0
Hi thanks for the info...I was going to respond to your other post.

What is clidinium for? Or is that another name for the clonodin? Forgot how to spell it.
Helpful - 0
Its been my experience that 3 days at a set amount is good enough to let the body adjust, then after 3 days eith decrease the frequency or the amount. Works like a charm
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.