Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Not feeling well-2nd day

Yeah I can't go to sleep at all. It is really hard for me to function without taking vicodin for pain. Can't sleep at all. Pretty much how I was without pain killers. Not sleeping at all staying up 2-3 days at a time...sucks. I might have to go back to vicodin just so I can function.=/

/rant
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Do you have the remedies for the Thomas Recipe? I was given the advice on this forum to follow this recipe as it will alleviate the pain of withdrawals, I guess you have to have some remedies to help you with the discomfort. You can find it one one of the other pages in this forum.

Hang in there.
Helpful - 0
sweetie if you hang in there you willfeel better by the 4th day.. alot better.. I'm on day 8 and feel awsome but I can tell you day 2 was the worst... small price to pay for getting off these things... i wish you luck... Jinelle
Helpful - 0
the lack of sleep is one of the worst part I know I went to bed about 12 fell asleep at 430 and now im awake it sucks
Helpful - 0
good morn.I know all about the sleep thing. Try A pain Dr. I had to hosptalized and found a truly great doc and discharged me w/all meds. no opiods. I still have pain but  the night meds work.
Helpful - 0
As someone else wrote, I, too, can PREOMISE you that within the next 24 - 48 hours you will feel 80 - 95% better. I just did this myself (I went c/t instead of tapering) and buckled my seatbelt and road it our--largely in the shower and on this MB. I know it sucks, though, please don't get me wrong. I am by NO means trying minimize or disregard your actual suffering. But it passes QUICKLY (this is why I didn't taper--seemed like a long verson of w/d every time one steps down BUT tpaering works for MANY--c/t was just the best choice for me). We are here, off and on, all day and will 'be' with you as much as you want and need--no matter what, whether you use or not. This recovery business is a PROCESS not an event and we are 100% HERE for YOU.
Genuine hugs, Jessica
Helpful - 0
I hope read my post yesterday. You truly have a heart and compassion for all. please except my apology again.
Helpful - 0
Try either Kava Kava or Valerian Root to help you sleep at night, that is if you arent on some form of aint-depressant/anti-anxiety meds..they dont mix well...Valerian Root works really good for me with the sleep issue, take it an hour before you go to bed and you're good to go, maybe take a little more than recommended, like around 2000mg, works like a charm
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the help every one. I would try to get scrip sleeping med now but my doctors office is not open. At least I have today off and could sleep till 12.
Helpful - 0
Hi, I am new and also on my second day,so far it's been my worst.
I became addicted to Lortab when they were prescibed by my dentist.
I fell in love with the euporhia and well being they gave me.
Unfortunately for me,I ran into an old friend a few weeks later who
helped feed my addiction from the street. I never took many,2 or 3
a day,but I did it for 4 years and I want to quit. Taking a multivitamin
and drinking water has helped,but I cannot wait to feel like my old self
again. It has been way too long.  

Helpful - 0
Hi, I am new and also on my second day,so far it's been my worst.
I became addicted to Lortab when they were prescibed by my dentist.
I fell in love with the euporhia and well being they gave me.
Unfortunately for me,I ran into an old friend a few weeks later who
helped feed my addiction from the street. I never took many,2 or 3
a day,but I did it for 4 years and I want to quit. Taking a multivitamin
and drinking water has helped,but I cannot wait to feel like my old self
again. It has been way too long.  

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.