Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Correction

Just to give you an idea of how a doctor can mislead you. It seems that I had a lapse of memory in regards to my doctor's informing me of what oxy can do. My wife reminded me that the doctor had actually said that at my age it would make no difference and that I would probably not become addicted. Oxy actually wiped this from my mind and it was earlier today when I was driving my son to get his truck that she reminded me of what the doctor had said. It scared me somewhat to find  That oxy can actually bring on an amnesiac condition no matter how slight. After much thought and conversation with my wife I find that it, fortunately, is the only incidence of that happening. Wow! I can just see myself forgetting where I live and winding up in the Australian Outback hopping around thinking I was a kangaroo. Anyway this raises the question. Has anyone other than myself had that experience with oxy?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I hate it when I stutter!
Helpful - 0
You pronounce it man-gee.
Helpful - 0
You pronounce it man-gee.
Helpful - 0
At least I provide some comic relief.

btw, how does one pronounce your user-name? since I have been on this MB, my head reads it as "mangie" (like a mangie dog) but I'm sure I'm wrong.
Helpful - 0
Cute!
Helpful - 0
what expereince? what oxy? what are we talking about again?

:)

jessica
Helpful - 0
No, I have not had that same experience, but I can tell you I look back at some of the decisions I made while using and I think to myself, WTF were you thinking, JOE?

The biggest misconception that I had while using was that the pills gave me energy and I could work longer and accomplish more.  That was true for the first week.  After that, I couldn't even function without them, let alone accomplish anything.  At the end, I would take a percocet to "get high".  Yeah, for about twenty minutes, then comes the crash.  

I am SOOOOOOOO glad I quit them.  

Memory problems I had, but it was difficulty remembering little things like what to pick up at the grocery.

One day at a time.

JOE
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.