Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

GM

Hey everyone.  I havent been around in a couple of days so I wanted to take some time this morning and check in and see how all my friends have been.  Hope all is well or at least getting better.  Have been crazy busy at work.  I work at a large telecommunications company(the one with the big red check over their name) as a rep.  Its really stressful b/c we have all these new products coming out and we are still working out the kinks which means system problem after system problem daily.  At the same time I have to deal with angry customers whose phone lines may be down..have to try and fix that plus get them to buy our new product.  I dont mean to sound ungrateful cuz its a good job but boy oh boy is it stressful.  I used to start my day with a cup of coffee and 2 vics...now I am down to just the coffee.  I have been praying for God to help me deal with this job w/o my numbing vicodin.  Its getting better but its a challenge.  So far so good; no vicodin slip ups..I still say its mainly b/c I dont have access ...I'm real with myself; if I had them around I prolly would have taken 1, 2 or 100 by now.  Thank God...for today I havent.  
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have the same type of situation.  Right now I don't have any access either.  It is only day 7 for me.  I feel great physically.  I will have access again on Feb 12th.  It is not a script refill, but a street type of access.  
It sure isn't easy without access, but it has to make it easier than if we did have access.  I am hoping that by the 12th, I will have a handle on this thing.  

JOE
Helpful - 0
Youre gonna get stronger everyday.  But, there may still be some days ahead where u feel really tempted.  I know thats been the case with me.  Its been a little over a month since my last vicodin and I am still dealing with some challenging days.  Thats why when I decided to quit I got rid of all access options.  But, thats just for the time being, I mean if I really wanted to I'm sure I could get vicodin, percocet or whatever I wanted b/c I really do have a legitimate source of pain.  It would just take me actually going to the Dr then going to the pharmacy...more steps involved rather than just reaching over into my nightstand.  Those extra steps give me more time to think about what I'm really doing...really listen to my body (asking myself, are u really in excruciating pain), time to remember the torture of days 1-4 of w/d, and time to pray and ask God to help me resist the temptation.  So, on Feb 12; try going thru some of these steps and b/c u wont actually have the pills within arms reach you should be OK. I remember that I was due for a refill on 1/6; guess what, 1/6 came and went regardless of whether I took a pill or not.  So will 2/12.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Hey Joe!
How are you feeling today?

You are on day 7, huh? Man, I remember that day WELL! SHOO>>> Well, you sound like you are in much better shape than I was, buddy.
More power to ya from above.
Lisa
Helpful - 0
And if you wake up on that day and have some problems, if at all possible, don't go to work and sit here -- I will SIT here and emial you crazy stupid stuff ALL day and night. I will doit until it's CONFIRMED that your street source has already sold off what he had. We are a family and we'll deal with it as a family -- OMG -I sound like the Sopranos! Well, mine as well finish that way ... We;re a family and we'll deal with it as  a family because once you're IN there's no gettin out. :)

Hugs!
Helpful - 0
LOL AA
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.