Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thursday N

Thanks for writing all that... you are one good typist.  :)

Vitamins are not stragers to me.   I had to do a good bit of resarch on them for a project a few years back, and like everthing else I get really involved in... I dove into knowlege of them head first.

Anyway... I was a bit surprised when CATUF (Brad) gave me his list of supplements that the B's (very essential) were not included until I read about Gaba.

continued (just 'cause I don't want to run out of room here)
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177003 tn?1266270355
I am honored to have gone through your w/d with you. From day one you jumped in and didn't waver. You set your goals and you attained them. I know some of the past seven days have been less than pleasant for you but you never lost your kindness or creativity.

Talk to you tomorrow,
Love..LS (that seems odd now. LS?? lol)
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
Hulloa again!  Remember me?  I hope and pray that you're doing weller and better and finer and dandier all the time...  keepin' busy which is what you like...  I didn't see all the info that went down about all the vitamin supplements etc...  My "take" on it for what it's worth (not much, although I come from a family of doctors I'm the only one (as far as I know) who became a junkie, ok,  opiate abuser...)  The thing I don't "get" about all the vitamin/mineral info out there is that, like doctors, everybody always seems to know everything about everything without any reservations or doubts... it's like they've got the gospel and this is how it works and that's that!!  And I think that while vits and supps CAN be very helpful and even vital, I think a lot of it seems to be one-size-fits-all hogwash... Sorry to be negative, it's against my grain, I am a BIGTIME fan of everyone here and would never want to in any way hurt anyone...  I have been taking 2-3,000 mgs. L-Tyrosine every morning with a B-complex for absorption as per Monsieur Thomas... by the by, tomorrow high noon I'll be SEVEN DAYS Clean and I can't believe it... my symptoms sorta slid in on me - the first days were no fun but not too bad... but now I'm less than no energy, all achey, wanting to take something to take a break for awhile, using valium in the meantime for sleep...  enough to bore for now... if I'm not writing here and you wanna know if I'm still clean, alive, etc. just write LadySundown - she'll know...  As always, my hopes and prayers for your well being, and appreciation for all your ongoing help for the many here who have come to rely on your wisdom and caring...
Nefesh
Helpful - 0
The mineral stuff he talked about as I understood it would be like a multivitamin.  Just make sure when you buy it it should have the same amount he suggests.  Not that you should take all those things seperate.
My mom made me take a typing class in high school.  She said you'll always have a job if you can type.  As usual she was right.
Helpful - 0
I don't think that you are a downer.  I think this is a great book however.  I find a great sense of comfort in the fact that he suggest that addiction of any kind is a brain chemistry issue.  It bothers me to think that what I have is a disease.  I find comfort in my ability to make choices and that I am in a place whether it be good or bad because of my choices.  This means I can choose my way out of it rather then manage it for the rest of my life.  I posted the comment that the doctor made about this NOT being a one size fits all program because he recognizes the need for us as humans to reach our potential or maslows hierarchy self-actualization.  Doesn't get any higher than that.  Go back and read the post on Book or go to the library and get it.  You have to take the test to find out what your issue is.  They had one for cocaine users, smokers, benzos etc.  
Catuf is the one that mentioned it and he is free 605 days maybe more.
A friend once said information is information you may not need it at the time but it can't hurt to file it away because you don't know when you might need it.

Love
Thursday.
Helpful - 0
NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE way....

I'm noticing through post here, and questions I've been asking... that most of us on long term use of "opiate" pain killers eventually wind up on some type of anxiety medication.   Most likely a benzo of sorts.  I'm not talking anti-depressants...

The reason I'm finding is... that say we are Rx'd 4 a day.. just as an example.  Eventually that 4 is not enough because we all understand by this time...we need more to "keep up"... more produces problems.. So between doses of the original 4 that were Rx'd....we go through a mini-withdrawal symptoms and will experience some anxiety.
Now of course not everyone takes a relaxant...this is just a generality.   Opiate use/abuse/long term use will eventually become the cause of the anxiety.  

I posted yesterday my list of Vitamin usage...but I've always been a Vitamin fanatic.   Today I'm going to try to do some analysis and see where I am w/what I am already taking vs the list of what Catuf gave me yesterday.

B-6 is a supplement that is truly needed for maxium absorption of other nutrients.

If you smoke...you (we/me) need to take more of certain vits because of absorption issues.  Hard pills are not as bio-available as dry formulas in a gel-cap.    Iron should be taken alone...w/a couple of hours either before or after taking any other type of supplement.  And should be taken with a Vit C..for acidity.    Calcium is another vit that is not so friendly.  Calcium carbonate is virtually useless in a human.  It's chalk.. and we don't absorb it barely at all.  Calcium Citrate...has much more bio-availability, and should be combined with mag., and D for maximum absorption.  Again... a hard pill like Citracal +D ... is more difficult for our body to take in than a powder from that is provided in a clear gel cap.  Taking any vitamin w/coffee also displaces efficiency.

Although since stopping w/pain killers I am feeling better, I myself am still having issues w/sleep, anxiety, and eating.   I'm definately going to get the Gaba.  I started taking L-Tyrosine...but 2000 mgs is way too much for me...

Thanks for all your typing to share w/us... maybe between the two of us we'll be able to help people who want to start a vitamin regime.  

The website that Catuf provided has some sound and solid info but those supplements were costly and I am pretty certain there are mfgs like twin lab that can provide the same %'s of intake so it should provide the same result

This post was looooong huh... but now I'm on a rampage to clean up better w/supplements.

Gip

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.