Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dr appt wed

just posted below under can't sleep with some of my story but I went ct with all your help last tues. stayed in bed for 3 days on xanax took all the right vitimans and i'm at work today and feeling pretty done good. My problem is my dr appt is Wed with the pain management dr. I do need the pills for pain I know that because I've been popping motrin like crazy and I have hepc. and cant take that much motrin,tylonol ect. How do I keep control? She hands me 240 a month and they were all gone by the 3 week. Help
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
can you work out an arrangment that you don't get them all at once? even if you arrange it with the pharmacy. they have guidelines already for controlled substances why not ask if they can help you monitor your refills. i know if i was given that much for a month i would cheat.. if you have them break it into doses for you if may be easier. btw i too am a cat lady
Helpful - 0
I don't even what to go to the appt. I know I need the meds but I have NO control. If I didnt have the hepc Id
dose myself up with Motrin 800 mgs at a time.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
i know you are scared. now is the time though to start taking over and making the right choices. the pills will always have some control. but you can start deciding when and where. if you go into this with a plan it should take some of the fear away. does anyone in your life know of your struggles with the pills??
Helpful - 0
Just one friend but she's my pill friend who also gets scripts and shares with me and vice versa.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
yeah she is probably not the best person to be accountable to. is there anyone else you can trust that would understand and help and support you if you told them your lil secret?? i know talking to my husband has helped keep me straight. i don't have to lie anymore and it helped alot.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.