Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Gip its been damp and rainy here may wanna wait til it clears up

yeah not so good for aches and pains. don't get me wrong its no 11 degrees but its a moist dampness here when its rainy. i hope you are feeling good. i too always want to take a pill when i am cold. i have been eating lots of salt, chips and stuff. my husband made me some gourmet mac and cheese last night that he just whipped up and it was amazing..i would love to have a second mother actually, i love mine but we grew up together and i matured at a faster rate. so i was always the mom. and at 26 i still am...

stephanie
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well that's just a perfect age for an adopted daughter for me.

My mom is 85 and I've always been the mother.   Since my father died.. she's totally lost.  A Very co-dependent couple to say the least.   She is one nasty elderly lady..just never stops.  

Know what...it's too damn cold here to even think about going anywhere.    I have a meeting to attend tonight I don't know how I'm going to make it there just the thoughts of having to get out of the car and walk to where I have to go is kinda getting to my spirit.   Last weekend we were in Vail, Co., it was cold there but this is a different kinda cold.  It's bleepin Freezing.

How's your taper going?   Feeling better today?

Gip
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Taper is going fine i guess. feeling ok today was the first day at 10mg and my legs hurt a bit and a runny nose but thats it. i am sleeping good and eating alot. what about you still feeling good, cravings??
Helpful - 0
No... not really any cravings... I hurt b/c of the weather... but I truly can say the "cravings" for the most part have been few and far between.

Two-weeks ago... I had a really bad couple hours with cravings and a post from CATUF on the message board made that go away.

Head issues like "maybe I can handle this now" come into play every now and again... but I'll hold off on testing those waters for the time being.

I was using Vicodin for 5 years w/o a break... the break was well needed... and I didn't want to up my dose and I was tired of feeling like ****... so for now I'm making due with nothng.   I'm going to give those natural pain receptors time to work on their own.

No one can stop these pills until they are completely ready to do so.   I don't care how hi usage is.. or at what stage of abuse...C/T... slow taper... you have to be ready to say ENOUGH....!  When you hit that point...ya just gotta go through whatever it takes to get to the other side...no way to go around it... it is what it is.

My resolve right now is still pretty strong, I am very aware of the mind games I can create... so I'm OK.. for now.   I'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Gip

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.