Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oxy help

Hi I tried to quite c/t but failed as my anxiety was to much to bear, feels like my mind is going to explode, racing heart ect... I am on 2 80 mg oxy a day and want to quite. I been doing this for about 4 to 5 months and I hate myself for ever trying it. I have never felt like this before and I am very embarrassed about my situation. I have a appointment with a addiction doctor tomorrow, as I can not go to detox because of personal reasons.Can any one give me a advice as to what to ask him or her and how do you overcome the anxiety as it is giving me panic attacks.   Thanks  all and god bless  Rick
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Wow, 280 MGs a day! I was on 40 and it was driving me insane. We feel your pain.You gotta start tapering off. Drop a few MSs every day or if that is too hard, every week. If you need support you will find all kinds of it here. We have all had the demon sitting on our shoulders so we know how you feel. Some of us can give you ideas, others can give only support, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty we will be with you every step of the way and if you fall we will do our best to help you up. You have to start somewhere, so why not here?
Helpful - 0
You are doing the right thing going to an addiction doc. Just know 2 things you won't die from opiate withdrawl and the second is you can get off. Don't be embarrassed. I someone who works with addicts and have 16 years clean and sober got caught up in pain management trap. I am 8days off fentanyl and percoset. It is a crazy place to be in. I also used oxy for awhile but didn't like it.
Helpful - 0
Hi Thanks but it is 160mg a day. I glad I have someone to talk to as I feel very sad that I got myself into this mess.  Thanks all and I will keep in touch with what the doctor says to me tomorrow. Thaks Rick
Helpful - 0
hello welcome good people and lots of good info dr should be able to help you w/taper
Helpful - 0
I did c/t of off 1700mgs. oxy a day and most days alot more.
So if you need some suggestions I'm here, day 14 clean!!!
Hi I'm rock.
Helpful - 0
Hi rock, ya I have this anxiety so bad not just from the pills but things going on in my life right now to. I can not sleep very good and have to have some beers and nyquill to try and relax and this is before I even try to stop the pills. Did you have much anxiety and if you did how did you handle it.   Thanks for your help  Rick
Helpful - 0
anxiety is part of it last for 3 days for me. Now I am sleepless but am able to get things done. I feel very slow and weak, everyday is better. Is very dangerous to drink with these meds. Please be careful.
Helpful - 0
I use xanax it does help but can be promblem of its own
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all your help guys and girls as I did not know were to turn to. If anything I can help you people with just ask as it is nice to know people you don't even know care about you.  God Bless everyone , Thanks Rick
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.