Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

yeah i am still awake..

as always i am one of the last ones up. i wanted to be on earlier but a transformer blew in my neighborhood in the middle of cooking dinner.. so we had to go to my friends house to finish. today was day 8 of my taper. i am hanging on. only one slip up. had a massage today hoping it helps with some of the low back pain i have been having. some days it is severe and i question whether i can get through work. today it was ok but i didn't work today. it sucks because i love what i do but lately i have hurt too much to enjoy it. i find myself being not as friendly not going that extra step to make clients feel super comfy. i want to sit down all the time. and i am tired all day. i don't mean to whine i am just having one of those nights.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182775 tn?1209736027
Stephanie...

Your plate is full, but I would encourage you to rate your withdrawl from drugs as top priority.  

The hardest thing I ever had to learn was how to say "No" to people.  I was always willing to sacrifice myself to please them.

Well...now, I must take time out for myself and get through this ordeal so I can enjoy life when I come out on the other side.

Nite
~George~
Helpful - 0
I so understand this inablility to say no.  I was totally like that but didn't realize it until I stopped taking my pills.  I've said earlier that I believe a lot of us on this forum are pleasers.  This drains us of all energy and so we turn to self medicating to get through.  I prefer now to just say no (hehehehe) it's not the end of the world and generally people understand.
Helpful - 0
New here. Just got over the Hydro-Morphs. Was taking about 60 mg's a day for 9 months or so. Herbal tea and weed be the solution, believe that.
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
I am on day 8, too, and have the same symptoms.  Glad to know they are only symptoms of W/D and they will eventually subside.

My biggest problem is sleep.  I get about 1.5 hours, wake up for 2 hours, then go through it all over again until dawn.

If it helps you to know...I face a lifetime of back pain due to post polio syndrome.  I knew that sometime I couldn't go on taking pain killers.  So, I just did the C/T routine on my own; and, lucky for me, I discovered this forum the next day.  Without it, I'd be back on the pills for sure.

If you can...try to be very nice to yourself during the next couple of weeks.  This doesn't seem the time to take on projects or expect grand results.  

Keep in touch, and...

Happy Trails,

~George~
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
george, thanks so much for the words of encouragement its appreciated. i  wish i had the oppurtunity to take it easy alot of stuff going on with me this month i was hoping to be mostly done with this but...i have weddings, i am modeling for a friend in a charity fashion show, work, planning a second wedding of my own.. just keeps piling on.

Thanks again
Stephanie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.