Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Addicted to pain killers

Hi!I am addicted to painkillers named spasmo proxyvon, the blue colored capsules from last 4 years. My daily intake is 18-20 capsules. I tried leaving the habit but i couldn't. Without them i get my stomach upset, i don't feel hungry, i couldn't sleep and keep sweating a lot. So please is there any alternate medication or anything that can help me to get rid of these addiction. Please help me I don't want to spoil my and my kids life.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
dv3
Hi guys..i m dv 26+ 4rm w.bengal..i wanna say bout some real word bout me..previous 6 yrs ago i started cough syp d name(phensidyl) 4r a frnd..he learnd me how & when i get it..he is 4rm bangladesh..now he is an indian citizen..we used it daily one day i paid    & then he thus,it continued..,i had a grlfrnd..one day dare happens sex wid her .then i discovered dat my sex is nt normal.,aftardat, i use vigora everyday when ever  i met wid her, i use vigora. suddenly i discoverd da work's  power of it dicrease .being tenced, and 4r leave (phensidyl, corex etc.) i starting 2 get sp(spasmo proxyvon).  And i take 6 pcs of it everyday..i want 2 know, thus my life?  
Helpful - 0
drug problem?? Seek help from narcotics anonymous members. Check da website www.na.org
Helpful - 0
hii dear. I was too addcited to spasmo proxyvon and my daily intake was very similar or more, everyday. i have left this habbit and i am clean. u need medical attention. i went to a doctor, a very reknowned one. Dr Sameer Malhotra at fortis Noida, india. he got  me out of it withing 2 months. it does not cost much. from where u are. where u live?
Helpful - 0
I'm trying to taper weekwise. I tried daily but could not get through. Since this is a 6 year old addiction. I think few months will not matter. Let's help each other out and let me know how you are progressing as well. I will give you my scene. You can try the Thomas Recipe along with it. That will help! Cheers!
Helpful - 0
Vladu,

Just hang in there you should be just about home free! For me it was on my 5th day that I felt better. You can make it :)
Helpful - 0
ok, thank you very much... i guess i feel kinda bad and idk what i'm doing haha
Helpful - 0
401786 tn?1309152034
You should have your own thread, as you've posted on someone else's thread about something else entirely and it's a very old thread at that.  Click on the green rectangle at the top of this page that says:  Post Question  
Just copy and paste what you've written here.  Not many people are around this time of day, but more will see your thread as the morning wears on.

First off, just because you are experiencing withdrawl symptoms when you stop the medication, does not mean you are addicted...that just indicates a physical dependency.  Even that you took the painkillers to get high doesn't mean you are addicted.  That just means you abused the meds.  I just wanted to clarify because you said that you realized you are addicted b/c of the signs and symptoms (s/s) you experienced when you stopped.  

If you are saying you are addicted, you may very well be....because you enjoyed the high that you got from taking them, and that you've been doing it for 4 months gives a good probability that you are.  If you can't stop taking them because you don't want to live without that high, then you are....and I think that's what you're saying.  

You say the last pill you took was on January 5th, and here we are on the 9th.  There's nothing you should do at this point but to hang in there....the s/s WILL eventually go away.  It's different for everyone, depending on their time of usage, dosage, med., all of that.  There's no sense in going back, you're forging ahead whether you knew it or not....withdrawl does not last forever, so you're already on your way to it's end.  Just hang in there vladu.  

Welcome to the forum.

Jacqui
Helpful - 0
i started to use painkillers ( vicodin and percocet ) 4 months ago... i took them because they gave me a hihg sensation. and i took 1 pill every one or 2 days... but i just realised that I'm addicted to them when i tried to stop taking them and i started having withdrals and sleeping problems...
What can I do to stop it? the last pill i took was monday ( jan 5th )... and idk how long i can last without help
Helpful - 0
hye guys i just open this page for    just that am too a drug addict and i wanted to share a word    some me
i am obssessed over spasmo proxvyon  i know i am dying but there aint any difference since two years i have been started with it and now i know what i worth    i dont know about rest but i was a disturb and cant face the world but now i am able to resist things around and become a poet more like a calm     not kiss and blow by the way two strips a day and a day of 6 hours    and   i sleep 10 to 2 in noon you cant understand what my nights worth   now i dot take hand i dont have sex you know beacuse of the drugs all diformities wihc take place the casuality cause amen_loveblues21***@****
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
You don't happen to be in India, do you?  Seems like most everything I could find on the web about your DOC related to India, where it seems to be a major problem.

I found some specific Spasmo Proxyvon advice at http://www.doctorndtv.com/FAQ/detailfaq.asp?id=4543, which is copied below.  All it really says is taper off and then go and sin no more.  I suggest you read (and re-read and re-read . . .) the last sentence of the "A" below.  It WILL get worse if you continue and you will reach a point where you have no ability to stop on your own even with a taper.  

Worse yet, you will reach a point where you simply accept the addiction and the harm it will do to you and your kids as just a cost of doing business.

Do a search of the archives on this site, or on Google, for the Thomas Receipe - it's just a mix of vitamins and amino acids that will help restore your brain chemistry.  If you're doing the taper, you don't need to worry about the valium, etc., just stick to the vitamins and aminos.

**Copy from www.doctorndtv.com**
How can I get rid of an addiction to Spasmo Proxyvon?

Q. I am addicted to Spasmo Proxyvon for the past two years. I want to stop taking this drug. Please suggest a few tips. I had tried to stop for about 16 days during which I could not sleep and I had pain in my legs. The food also tasted bad.

A. Spasmo Proxyvon contains dextropropoxyphene which is a weak opioid (opium-like) agent. You should gradually reduce the dose slowly but steadily and surely over the next few weeks. With a strong will power, it is not difficult. Please keep in mind that the situation will become worse if you do not stop now and you may need to go to a de-addiction centre.
Helpful - 0
Welcome! I don't know that much about the drug you are taking, but stick around and someone here will for sure be able to help you out. Alot of people here swear by the Thomas Recipe (which you can just type in the search bar and find) and some here swear by cold turkey. Since I don't know about your situation, I cannot advise which should be your better choice, but wanted to let you know someone here will, so keep checking back! I will do some research on that so as to maybe gain some knowledge to help you too! Congrats though for wanting off and taking the first step! This place is AMAZING and I promise you will get the feedback and answers you need here!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.