Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

withdrawal day 2

So here it is day 2 without the methadone and the symptoms have really begun.  I actually slept on the bathroom floor. Well laid there and got up from time to time to jump in the shower. Then this morning the vomiting began with the hot and cold flashes.  This is where i began to think maybe if I had just a little methadone to get rid of the vomiting I'd be ok.  Thought it but stuck it out and didn't take anything. I really thought I was ready for this but now I'm starting to wonder if I am tough enough and stressing myself out about how long I am going to feel like this or has the worst of it even started yet?  Sorry about the ranting just felt like talking to someone who actually knows what I am going through. Don't get me wrong I have a great support system at home and all the help I need. I just thought maybe someone here might have a little advice.  Thanks for listening!
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
i bet if you picked up some immodium some Hylands restful legs tabs and some vitamins you will feel more human, not 100% but a lil better. drink lots of fluids even if you have to force em. Day 2 is gonna be bad but there is light around the corner in just a few short days. hang in there and keep posting your progress..
Helpful - 0
Search here for the Thomas Recipe.. If you can get ahold of any valium or benzo's, they will help you sleep thru the next few days... Most people here say that until your 4th or 5th day, it's going to be the same. Best to try something to ease your pain! Good job on choosing to quit. If you were getting you DOC from a dr, or you are close with yours, they can call in a script for valium and clonidine, which is actually a blood pressure medication that will slow you and all your bodily functions WAY DOWN!! Best to try to sleep the next few days off! The most recent posts have suggested weed as a good thing to have!!! I personally don't like the stuff, but I suppose if it works it's good! keep checking back... I know alot of the people who post here are just now feeling way better so they may be out doing something for the first time in a week!! Please don't feel ignored. You will get responses!
Helpful - 0
Is this the first time quitting?
Helpful - 0
im sorry but what was your dose? mine was 350milgrms now i have been of of it for 4mnths meth w/ds are pure hell I quit c/t now I still have some promblems but can deal w/them except the cravings but i do try you can do this you are strong enough to do this here for you
Helpful - 0
well this is my first time quitting and my dose was at 80 originally, then about 6 months ago I worked it down to 40, then over the last few weeks i took it down to 20 and then finally i picked up a weeks worth and tapered myself down over a week. Anyone have any idea of how long this lasts?
Helpful - 0
im not sure you are on lower dose hopefully not has long as long as me but youwill w/d
Helpful - 0
Weed man, smoke the best hydro you can get. That, and a lot of peppermint tea if you can stomach it. Maybe a gravol will help with that.
Helpful - 0
I agree nephew bring good florida chronic
Helpful - 0
You should be proud of yourself. YOU ARE DOING IT!!! Not to much longer for the worse of it to pass. I know it can be hard but the end result is good. Good Luck to you sweetie. Heather
Helpful - 0
I am on day 2 and am so glad I found this website. I am proud of you and myself. I have so many friends still hooked and everytime I tallk to them it makes me stronger.  Idon't want to be like that anymore. GOD! I hope you stick with it.My doc recommended the taper method which i did and was off 2 days ago. Thought it would be easier but alot better than being an addict FOREVER! I hope the worst is almost over!
Helpful - 0
CONGRATS HAPPY AND APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sooo proud of you! You are both at day 2, and the next few days will be the hardest and put you whole being to the test, but you are ALREADY almost through day 2...it's not only that you CAN do it...YOU ARE DOING IT!!! Please, guys, DON'T GIVE IN!! You've made it sooo far already! I quit cold turkey in December, and I PROMISE you that in time, you will feel better than you EVER did on pills! Ask everyone here who is clean! Or who has been clean and experienced life's natuaral highs! Right now, I am sure you feel like dying, and this may sound harsh, but REMEMBER HOW THIS FEELS!!!! Don't ever forget it. It may just help you in the future to never go back to pills, and to avoid the temptation to use again. I will be on and off again all night, so check in with me!! My email address is ***@****  so use it any time if you need to. Sincerely, Emily
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.