Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Good morning, afternoon??

to all you poor things who live in cold weather i am so sorry. i have started thinking of you everytime i think i am cold here when it gets below 60. yesterday at work they turned the air down to 65 and i got chilly, then i thought of chem and gipsee in zero degree weather.
today is day 11 of my taper. i woke up with very little pain just a little stiff. in a few days i will be down to 10mg. i thought i would have been there by now but my husband and i decided to slow it down a bit.
hope everyone had a good night, looks like we had a few troubled sleepers out there..
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
if you don't mind my asking (since i am a veteran of many tapers) -- when do you plan on jumping off all together?  i am always interested in how others do it.  congratulations on your success so far.  tapering is very, very difficult and you should be proud of yourself.  also, being in the midwest, the thought of being chilly at 65 is a tough one to stomach.  enjoy the warmth and know at least one person here is jealous.

Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
i plan on finishing next sunday so i can feel bad (if i do) on my days off. i first was gonna end it this sunday but pain from a car accident has made me slow it down a bit.
yeah living here something happens to your body and its adjusts to the heat and humidity, so when it gets damp and below 60 we freeze here. i am a northern girl i grew up in PA have lived here for almost 5 years. trust me i feel bad for all of you, i hate the cold.
Helpful - 0
First of all, let me congratulate you on doing so well on your taper and I also think it's great that you take the time to help so many others on this forum.

I have started tapering myself and have gone from 12 (tramadol) to six, though yesterday I took 7 because of the ongoing pain from my infection in the jaw bone, but it hasn't been to difficult to cut my dosis in half, so that is encouraging. But in connection with the question from adman412 above I am a bit worried about getting to the last step of tapering, because I gather from many other posts that the W/D can be reasonably bad even with a long taper before quitting altogether. Do you or anyone else have any experience and information on this?
Minnie

Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
i am hoping it won't be as bad as if i stopped at 10 a day. i think we will still feel some slight wd symptoms, legs jumping, runny nose, belly troubles some anxiety. i am not sure. maybe some one else that is farther along than us will know. i am hoping that after 2 days i will be more functional than if i went ct. we'll have to see. i will be stopping before you so i will keep you posted on how i feel.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.