Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Time Vicodin stays in system?

Does anyone know how long vicodin stays in your system?  I've read online anywhere from 1-3 days.  In the past week I've stopped taking vicodin other than one slip Tuesday night when I took 4 (5/500's).  I've read that metabolism, height, weight, tolerance etc. all affect how long it stays in your system.  I have a very fast metabolism, I'm tall and thin and have a high tolerance to painkillers.  (Was taking 20-30+ at my worst).  I'm just worried because I have the possibility of being drug tested in the near future and want to make sure that the vicodin isn't in my system anymore.  
Or is there anyway to clean your body out??? I've been drinking a TON of water, is there anything else that could help???
Anything would help. Thanks!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
6063300 tn?1430430571
This is a really old post. If you post your question you will get a ton of help.
Helpful - 0
15285252 tn?1439611144
I have experienced Vicodin lose effectiveness during regular use and have had to take more to achieve the same level of pain reduction (I've never taken more than 3 regular strength pills at a dose). I figure that's my body building a resistance to the chemical. How long would I have to stay off Vicodin to eliminate the resistance effect? And while that is happening, can I take a different type of pain reliever or will that interfere with the drying out period? Thanks.
Helpful - 0
I was told by a local detox clinic that it can stay in your system up to 14 days. As for cleaning yourself.. The best way is to just STOP. I did see a detox box for sale at Target for about $10.00. It is a 7 day process to clean out your whole body. Now IM not positive that it would help you pass your test. You could call and ask the pharmacy. My opinion is to take something safe and healthy. Good luck, Heather
Helpful - 0
Vicodin is a short acting opiate and I know that in a standard urinalysis 10 drug screen for employment it is not designed to pick up on lower dosing drugs like prescriptions, it is better at detecting higher quantity opiates like heroin...  I have working in medical for 10 years and I am drug tested randomly throughout the year and I was taking 20-30 vicodin es everyday and I have never failed a drug test to date.
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
You are doing all the right things.  

I found that drinking warm water was a way to get more water into my system to flush out the opiates.

I don't know how long the viocdin will stay in your system; but, that will be different than for how long it can be tested for.  I suspect the opiates stay in the system well after when tests can detect them.  

~George~

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.