Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

First day off Hydrocodone,having usual symptoms, but also having fever, which is getting higher.

I posted earlier under someone's post.  I was wondering if fever was a symptom of withdrawl?  I have had the cold sweats all day, but now am going up in body temp.  Currently at 100.0, however I can tell it is increasing.  I am curious if this is a usual part of w/d?  I also just want to cry constantly.  I was so driven to keep this cold turkey up earlier today, but now I just want to call someone to get me a pill and make me feel better.  I don't want to sleep, I don't want to eat, drink, nothing, but I do want to keep stong in the face of this.  I also don't want to inconvience anyone.  Though I am sure I will.  Whatever it doesn't matter, it is what it is and nothing more.  Just sucks.  
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have cervical stenosis, a growth within a cervical vertebrae.  At this stage I'm okay as long as I'm standing or sitting upright.  But when I lie down, regardless of position, a tingling in my arms and hands becomes a burning pain within fifteen minutes and I must stand up.  When I'm tired enough to fall asleep quickly the pain wakes me up in about an hour and I must get up and walk around.

My doctor prescibed Percocet 512.  What I do is break them in half and take a half about 1/2 hour before lying down.  There is a pleasant feeling, the pain is negligible, I fall asleep and am able to sleep for 5 - 6 hours.  

I'd like to know if taking 1/2 of a Percocet 512 on a daily basis can cause addiction.  
Helpful - 0
DRINK AS MUCH WATER AND GATORADE AS YOU CAN POSSIBLY STAND!!!!!!!! YOUR FLUSHING EVERYTHING OUT OF YOUR BODY!YOU CAN DO THIS!!!DALLAS
Helpful - 0
Don't give up. Make a second to second commitment not to use. If don't take anything it will get better especially after the 3rd day. I am on day 11 of being off Fentanyl patches 75mch  and 4-6 percs daily  Just know that today I feel great. When I first came to the forum I thought I was dying and through these awesome people I am making it. You body is cleansing it self it needs to repair that is what is happening. Give it time love an attention. Baths and Showers as many as you need really help.
I'm here for you
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
The symptoms you are experiencing are what many of has gone through.  

Hang in there.  When it got bad for me all I could think of was to find some pills and escape from the w/d symptoms.

Now, I am on Day 11.  Most of the difficult symptoms subsided about day 5.  

Right now your body needs to flush opiates out of itself.  This takes time and your mind will beg for pills to "make you normal again".

We are a family on this forum.  Let me be one of the first to welcome you aboard.  If it is rough for you, come back online any time of the day or night.  Somebody is likely to respond in a short while.

~George~
Helpful - 0
that is EXACTLY what i am going thru w/ percocet. i dont know if it is the sweating and frustration that is making me want to cry, but when it gets bad, i just do. what is up with this? my temp is up a few degrees too, normally a 96, im almost 100. but im cold...and sweating. i just feel gross. im not so sure c/t is a good thing to do...seems like it is a long-time thing getting off these pills.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.