Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Mom's panacea.

HiLLkiLLa reminded me of a drink mixture that most people of my mother's generation swore by. Tea with honey and lemon.My mother always said,"Drink it you'll feel better," regardless of the problem. It was considered to be a cure-all, a panacea that was handed down through the generations. As I recall it worked in some instances and I am going to see if it will help me sleep. By the way Jenn66, I do live in Winterpeg. If the cure-all doesn't work at least it will keep me warm. Stay posted I will let you all know if works or not. Until then, keep the faith.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182775 tn?1209736027
Are you still awake?  I didn't sleep last night, night 10, and tonight is starting the same way.  It is like my body won't let go of consciousness.  

How about you?

~George~
Helpful - 0
That must be universal.  My husband make me honey lemon water.   I love it.  How is the dry mouth.  My sister has that problem and has had to have all her teeth redone.  Her jaw actually swells up because her saliva gland gets blocked.  That's when the doctors told her to coat a lemon in sugar and suck.  She's messed up all the enamal anyway and has caps on all her teeth.  Hope all is well.  Also have you tried the valarium.  
Helpful - 0
The tea with lemon and honey turned out to be just something that warms you up. As far as sleep goes,I slept an hour and then was wide awake. Consensus,use it for warmth not for sleep. As for dry mouth it worked a little better than some. I think what I have to do is find a way to completely relax without any assists from meds. The strange thing is ,that when I do sleep, it is usually late morning and it lasts for three or four hours, maybe. Getting back to a normal routine is the real problem. So, it is trial and error time, re-training the mind. Have to find a routine for relaxation and stick to it. I will pass on any success to all                Mannie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.