Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Rock I'm so embarrased

Hey, checked in this morning and saw the post you posted to the "ignoramus" that posted yesterday.  I just have to say that I thought that your post was one of the most insensitive, and degrading post I have read in a long time.  Personally, I think anytime anyone steps into this forum and asked a legitimate question, and by this I mean anything other than where can I buy, they have a right to be treated with dignity and respect.
Your "17 days and standing" or coming back from an incredibly toxic amount of meds, however you choose to look at it, does not, in anyway, give you the experience or authority to treat someone else like ****.  Frankly, it only goes to show that you have a long way to go.  
Since we're all here because of one form of ignorance or another perhaps you might consider carefully next time you post that you just might be able to make change in someones life.  Why not make sure it's loving and positive.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Once the darts of fire leave the mouth, or are formed into written words, and hit there target. There is really no gathering back.

Apologies can help, but you must realize the damage is done.

All through school, me and my friends made fun of a certain boy. He had problems, but we didnt care. We teased him unmercifully.

One day a couple of years after high school, I read in the paper this boy jumped off the dam. On the river side of the dam, some 360 feet to the bottom, it was suicide.

Did he have my name on his mind??? I will never know, but I will never let those darts fly ever again without thinking before I speak, or write anything that would hurt anyone.

Everyone knows what I am saying because they have been hit with these darts.

Allen
Helpful - 0
I do understand and went back to that post to gather
some feathers. I have heard that one before and know
better.
the rock
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the response but I'm not the one that needs an apology.
A catholic goes to the priest during confession and says forgive me for I have sinned against another.  I used words against another and I have no way to apologize. The priest says I understand. Here is part of your penance. Take a feather pillow go to the highest point in town, slice the pillow and let the feathers go, then come back when your done.
The next day the catholic comes back and says okay I did it am I forgiven. The priest says now for the rest. You must go out and collect all the feathers and then you can undo what you've done and yes God always forgives.  It's his nature not an act.
Helpful - 0
I am so so sorry about that I read back this morn.,and
need to do some apologies. My Intentention was not to be
vile. I read that post out of context and am truly sorry
I will try  to do better. I was clouded and tired and
think now I was being Ignorant! Please except my apology
and thank you for telling me If and when I'm out off
line.
sincerely rock
Helpful - 0
Sometimes our agony gets the better of us. When that happens we open our mouths and in agony spit out words we normally would never use. This can happen to anyone,anywhere, anytime, depending on what the catalyst was. I know there is hardly any one of us who have never said something like," Leave me alone and mind your own business" or "I know what I'm doing" or 'Keep your nose out of my business." and so on. Usually this comes from frustration at ourselves and quickly turns to anger whan someone makes a comment we don't like. I am not taking sides here but I think the situation needs to be pushed aside so that we can continue in a better light. One shows anger and a second is angry over the anger and pretty soon we have a situation. An apology has been made. It is now time to move on and show each other that we are bigger than that. It will happen again when someone's pain is so great that they lash out in frustration and anger. As family we must hug rather than castigate that person and say"We understand,how can we help."
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
I agree.  It's our job to educate once we receive the message.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.