Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

In horrific pain

Hello again,
I really got some good advice from you guys the other day and I planned on tapering off. But before I could do that I have gone into to a horrible flare with my rheumatoid arthritis/fibromyalgia. I cannot hardly walk or sleep. How do I stop a medicine that does actually help me when nothing else will? I do take an anti-inflammatory and Wellbutrin. The wellbutrin amazingly has help quite a bit and gives me energy. But I have to stop the pain med I have no choice.But if any of you have taken pain meds for an actual medical condition how did you stop?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know exactly how you feel. I am pain all the time. I got off of vicodin from being very stong willed. I can feel I really need strong pain meds. But I have to stop relying on them for everything. I should deal with the pain my self and try to overcome it by will rather than vicodin.
Helpful - 0
I was on pain meds for a medical reason. I have a back that needs suregery plus have spodilitis which is a type of arthritis that is similar to RA except it attacks the spine. I honestly don't know what I am going to do. I am 12 days off all pain meds and hurt bad. I forgot how much it did hurt. Today has been the worst I can't even lay down, stand up strectch.

What is keeping me going is I am changing my life style to each better...lose 30lbs, exercise and do whatever I can to change my pain. If all fails get sugery and if that fails reconsider options. Opiates are easy, but they stop my life and my spirit. I am not in my body. I wish I could have the pain relief without the mood altering effects.

Some people need meds. I hope it isn't you or me!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.