Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cancelled online norco order...now very depressed....

I'm day three c/t and feeling very down. I had a norco refill that was to be sent out today and I just called cancelled it...it was very hard to do and it is taking everything I have not to call them back.  I am very down today and I know that would TEMPORARILY cure the blues.  I just want to scream and cry right now!  I'm feeling the weakest Ihave ever felt emotionally adn physically. So damn alone! Kids at school and husband at work soI'm left to deal with myself. SOrry for whining!
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you sound as determined as i am... i give you props for having the strength to cancel. that takes amazing will power. be proud of yourself and you are right it would only prolong the inevitable. i to am home alone, sister and boyfriend both at work, kids in FL w/ there dad. and i have to work today at 1pm. don't know how i'm going to make it thru the day. i just keep telling myself "baby steps" hang in there...
Helpful - 0
your not whining, i am going thru severe w/d and keep telling myself " hey ******* you wanted to lose weight so now you are" can't keep anything down. have to get the kids to b-ball tonight. can't wait for that, just kidding. stay strong it sucks.
Helpful - 0
Thanks...you hang in too...I called out sick today...can barely take care of myself.  Try to have a good day and thanks for the encouragement. I thinkwe all need it.
Helpful - 0
IT does suck and I'm so pissed off at myself for getting to this horrible place.  At least we are all trying to make our live more than the pills!  Please stay strong and I will be getting my kids to ball/ballet today as well...Hope I can!
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
I recall that Day 3 was my worst.  I felt terrible and didn't think it would ever get better. I had a small stash of pills in the bedroom and was sorely tempted to give up and take a handful.

In stead, I told my wife about the stash and suggested we have a special dinner at Day 7 with my pills as guests of honor.  After dinner we would take them to the toilet and dump them.

Just the idea of this ceremony kept me on the straight path.

Maybe a short term goal will help you through these days.

It is hard right now.  Your body is screaming, "Make me normal again, take some pills".  But, that is a lie.  Normal lies ahead.  In a couple of days the w/d symptoms will subside, in a couple of weeks you'll regain your sleep patterns, and THEN you will be normal.  

Hang in and stick with us...your new family.  You are doing wonderful.  We know what you are going through and think the world of you for being so strong.

George
Day 15
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
hey there how are you feeling?? you are getting through the worst of it, as we speak.. you should begin to feel a little more human tommorrow. and then the next day. everyone is different but you are doing great.. hang in stay close and post..
Helpful - 0
I feel a little better for a few minutes and then a wave hits me of anxiety/depression/aches/nausea. I guess this is normal.  Thanks to all of you for your posts. THe encouragement helps more than I can say!
Helpful - 0
Yeah, I lost it on Day 5.  I wanted to go to the clinic so bad, felt alone, no sleep, lots of pain. I was so close to giving up.  One of the posts in here talked about banked pain time. It was important not to throw 5 days of pain away. I didn't go to the clinic, by day 7 I found a bottle of Methadone I had forgotten I had stashed. As much as I wanted to drink it, It was way more of a high to pour it down the sink.  Kind of wish I had a ceremony for it.

Why didn't I think of that? :~)

Awesome Job George
Helpful - 0
believe it or not as sick as i am you people make me smile. i am so glad i am no alone, not that you all are going thru this but i smile thinking of the stupid stuff i did for pills.so one day i walk in the pain clinic and the doctor asks me " an addict". does your hip still hurt of course i say YES DAH! she says ok i will giveyou some fentynal patches along with your perks,and ambien. spent about 8 months in a daze.slept good then, can't sleep now. you people are awsome and are helping greatly
Helpful - 0
May this will be excruiatingly diificult but I will not give-up or fail!!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
you may wanna post up top so we can see it.. sometimes new people get lost down below.. day one huh?? introduce yourself.. you are in the right place..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.