Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

So many question I have :)

So I am on day 2 of tapering (no Norco) and keeping my oxy on the same time schedule. I miss the norco boost.

Question.  I started feeling the yawns, sniffles and such around noon.  Determined to hold out till 1 (6 hours from last dose) I made it.  Only now at 2 the yawns are gone (unless I type the word *lol) but I got a serious restless, aggitated feeling, overwhelming me.  Consistantly stretching my ankles, tightening my calves, stretching my body.  Just angry inside.  Is this normai?  I was hoping that the 2pm dose would crave the urge and wd feelings, not intense them.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for your imput.  I will take all the advice I can get.  Hang in there yourself.  You sound like you are really trying.  I will keep you in my prayers.
Helpful - 0
This is the beginning of a mild withdrawl.  Magnify that and you will have a cold turkey withdrawl.  You will make yourself miserable for a very long time if you do not start taking supplements.  I posted a list that was recomended by a doctor in End your addiction.  I have been taking them for 2 days and feel great.  During my ct/wd I was drinking 6-8 litres of water a day taking vitamin drinks (zipfizz) 3-4 times a day and doubling my multivitamin.  This is a must if you are going to make it.  Go back through the archives and look for Thomas Receipe or ThursdayNext Detox.  I think I posted the vitamin list under the Book.  Just look back and you should get some info.  Keep up the taper.  You have to get the meds out of our system for some length of time in order to find out what is real pain and what is caused by taking the meds.  
Opiates latch onto the pain receptors in our body and they do not let go so any pain regardless of how mild is magnified which is why w/d is so painful the first 2-3 days after that your free of the physical stuff and then you have the mental part to deal with.  You can address that after you have been med free for 10-14 days.  In my opinion.  I'm sure there will be a ton that disagree with me.
Helpful - 0
This is me tapering and not the doc.  I am sure they would keep on writing scripts and not because they are not aware, but because my CT scan shows sciatic nerve damage which is painful (at times).  The Norco is for breakthrough pain in between the oxys.  Norco is a hydrcodone 10/325 (10mg codiene/325 tylenol), we went that route because I really really worry about the tylenol aspect of vicodin.  I have noticed that the pain is not what it use to be and I don't "require" the meds as often.  My Dr. and I talked thoroughly about meds and went with oxy because it is time released, last longer and works for long term pain rather than stop the pain when it hits.  I am just not liking this mood swing feelig.  I take the meds because I don't like the physical withdrawls and now I take the meds and I get aggitation
Helpful - 0
Whats NORCO I didn't get that option while the work/cmp DR TAPERED ME.off,Are they expecting you to take nothing for your pain?once you are tapered off.I hope you don't have to go through the fits off leg kicking and cramping.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.