Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Any suggestions for getting some relief from fatigue???

Today I am day 4 c/t and am feeling sooo exhausated, walking/driving/getting kids off to school was almost more than I could handle.  I just feel so much worse today mentally than I have since the start...weepy/depressed. I am on effexor but only day 6.  I feel like I'm about to breakdown. Any words of advice would be appreciated. Oh...I am making myself eat healthy...fruits/veggies and drink lots of water. Thanks!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i'm new to this forum, but day 3 of c/t. just held down gaterade last night. no food. i feel a little better. you can do this
Helpful - 0
Hi Marce,

I wish I could give you some advice about the fatigue. I can't because I am going on to day 5 and feel just like you do. I just want to cry.....it feels like it won't get better. I am going to send prayers your way. I never knew it would be this hard and wonder when I will see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think we will :0) eventually. I sure hope so. I feel like I have a 200 lb weight on my back. I am not hungry at all. I am trying to drink lots of liquids. Try to have a relaxing day and hope you feel better. Warm wishes, Mariyah
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
I am on Day 16.  When I was back on Day 3 somebody said..."you just have to put life on auto pilot".  That is a good thought...but, it didn't help a whole lot when I was struggling to just walk across the house to the bathroom at 3:00a.m.

My energy is slowly coming back.  It comes in short bursts during the day.  Sleep is doing about the same at night.  

I think it is very important to not push myself when there is no energy or no sleep.  My body is trying to recover and it doesn't need me "demanding" more than it is ready for.  Each day is a new "adventure"...and, money in the bank of recovery.

While I personally prefer to only tell my story and not give advice...here is one exception:  

"You will make it...hang in there...believe in yourself...and get all the help you can from this Forum and your family.  Soon, you will have few w/d symptoms, you will experience the joy of watching a beautiful sunrise after a great night's sleep, and you will have the confidence to face the future because you claimed your life back."

~George~  

Helpful - 0
Its a heck of a struggle. I am on day 9 and feel better everyday. The sleeping thing is the hard part, dred night time.I also walk around in a stupper most of the day.But I am getting a little more sleep every day.Small naps help if I you can get one in some how. Over the weekend I was able to get a nap or 2 and it does help, but work prevents that during the week.Just keep with it it works as you will soon see.God bless
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.