Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

help

I am new to this.. i need help now.. im hooked on hydrocodne and i went to see someone for help and talking in a group just isnt for me. I am so shy and it just doesnt do it for me.  how can i get off this by myself.. im young and im not quite sure how this all started in the first place.. it has taken my life over and ruining my relationship with the love of my life. she knows about everything and is so supportive of me, but i am so ashamed.  I just want to get over this. any advice or just some support? what do i do about the feeling i get at night?  i cant sleep, i cant hold still and it feels like my skin is crawling. i want so badly to just go back in time.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It will pass If your young about 1 week and you'll fell like your old self again. I've been there several times you will feel like poo for a while and not sleep, as soon as your body stops fighting you will crash. You will not die from sleep deprivation even though it feels like it.
Helpful - 0
this site has helped me so much thru this. these people are awesome, and we are going thru tough times. ihaven't slept in days. this is a good step and go one at a time. i will be up all night
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
welcome.. you are with friends. are you trying to quit cold turkey? or taper off your drug? either way you can do it. this is the place to help you figure it all out.

stephanie
Helpful - 0
I dont know? What is the best way to do it? Im reading thru all of these and everyone does it different. I lost my job and i just sit at home, Im looking for another job to occupy my time and im in college.  I just wish i could fall asleep and wake up and have this be all over with.  When I dont have any pills in my posession I am a mess and Im sure I am horrible to be around. I didnt realize how mentally hard this was.  I guess I really have no idea what to do.
Helpful - 0
well we got a snow storm today. usually meant 10 percs and beer and enjoy the snow. today was hard and i can smile knowing i didn't give in. it really sucks going thru w/d but you do start to feel better. stay strong.
Helpful - 0
They are all right. You can get through it one way or another whitch ever way is better for you. We are here for you and also If you didn't like your group experience try another group. you can find one that fits and you don't have to talk about it right now. Don't take this the wrong way but at the meetings they say take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth. In other words just listen at first. In here its the opposite, talk and ask whatever you want. Maybe try here and a group that way you get the best of both worlds. Real people in person and all of us cyber people too. Good luck to you. I do both.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.