Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I'm worried about whats going to happen to me if I don't stop taken perks

Three yrs ago. I was struck in the face with a baseball bat during a college baseball game. I was giving perks for the pain, but I continue to get higher Mg's each month. I started with the normal 5mg 4 times a day, then 6-8 7.5Mg's. As time went on the amounts and Mg's went up to 10mg's 10 times a day. To make matters worst I started blowing them up my nose. The same nose that was shattered during my injury. Is this worst then taken them by mouth? 6 months ago my mother suddenly passed away. I didn't see it coming. She was all I had. When my mom passed I got worst with the pills and I was blowing 10-15 10 mg perks up my nose a day, which helped me to deal with my sad life, but I started having other issues like rapid heart beats, blood pouring out of my nose, and blurry vision and I would get 2-3 hours of sleep a night.Recently, I have been getting worst and breaking out in hives,bloody noses and not going to work. three weeks ago I didn't leave my bedroom because of a pulsation in my head,which was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life (remember I was hit in the face with a bat)I'm at a point now where I give my roommate my pills and I make him give me two in the morning and one at night, which helps to get my life back. Since I started taken these perks I haven't done much of anything,but if I do I need to be on perks BTW: I have to take these pills for the rest of my life, but how do I get to stop blowing them up my nose? Please help me. I want to hear all comments, stories, and criticism that you have to offer.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
im sorry i got carried away with my story, i didnt even answer the questions you were asking, my apologies. Id definatly agree with a few of the mates that answerd that its probably not a good idea to snort these especially with the nose that was injured. Id reccommend asking your doctor for the liquid version of percocet, maybe you can get that with the pills and drinking that will hit you just as quickly. id imagine you snort them because it kicks in faster, than a few hours later you can take a pill and it would last longer for pain. i know first hand how dependant one feels on opioid narcotics. I also hope my advice helps you out. as far as the side affects your having id say its probably just a side affect from snorting them, and thats why id ask for the liquid percocet, it will kick in fast but the effects of the painkiller hit you strong, and fast but doesnt last that long, thats why you should ask for your tablets too.
best reguards.
Helpful - 0
983679 tn?1276833336
u should start a new post and share your story, this one is soooooo old it prob be lost and your post is good
Helpful - 0
i just wanted to add a comment, first off i want to commend you for being brave enought to seek help for your addiction, secondly id like to begin by saying i battled somewhat similar battles under differnt cirimstances, i was a recreational pill popper, and my doctor started my drug addiction with 10 mg narcos, i would get 150 every other week and would take all them the first week, having a great job i would buy peoples whole scripts at work, than i found i could buy them online, soon i was taking 40 to 50 at once, than my health took a downward spiral from there, i was always in pain before long, my use went from recreational to madatory, wasnt long before i lost 60 pounds, and went from a built guy to a man that was skin an bones, i basically quit all by myself after looking at what i was quickly becoming, hating the rapid changes in my life made it easier than some may think, i was so bad i was chewing my pain killers like a junky, made me sick to think i went from a drug free jock to a pill chewing junkee!! remember i used them for recreational purposes (i really didnt need them)  i didnt quit cold turkey as some suggest to do, instead i took 3 quarters the usual amount i normally took everyday of week 1 on my own quit plan, on week 2, i took half the amount i normally take everyday that week, week 3, i took a quarter of the amount everyday, and on week 4 for everyone i took, i would take a painkiller, than a few hours later id take an ibeprofen than a few hours another pain killer, a week after that id take a pain killer than an ibeprofen than another ibeprofen than a painkiller than so on, eventually i stopped the painkillers altogether, now i take ibeprofens for headaches and using this method i was quite successful, not only did i kick the bad habits of pain killers its been several months and i got abs back and cant see my ribs anymore, i really hope you can conquor this habit like i did, and i also hope my story can help you, or anyone that reads it. I have shared my story with many others in many forums, if i can help 1 person with it than its totally worth the hour i spent typing these awful times in my life. i went from eating painkillers all hours of the day to taking ibeprofen, i had a serious habit i was able to quit on my own.i was spending 300 bucks a week on my habit. if ya got any questions or need some kind of moral support let me know. my yahoo screen name is americanguy111 if anyoe needs moral support for this i will talk to you and try an help anyway i can. thanks for reading.
Helpful - 0
352798 tn?1399298154
Please don't fool yourself! If you are snorting to take..You are addicted. Ask tourself why you choose to snort. Is it really just for the pain relief? Take a hard look at what you are doing. I am being blunt here because I feel you need it.
As 1 who has a long history of sinus infections...take care of the one body you ahve. Are you aware that the MAXIMUM amount of Tylenol is 4000mg? Your liver could already be getting damaged. A simple blood enzyme test would indicate this.
It would be good to get a course of action to get off of these things. Some taper some quit cold turkey. Either choice is good.
Keep us posted. We are here to help you through this.
Helpful - 0
I CANNOT imagine snorting something up my nose,,,much less a pain pill. Bless your heart....I personally dont think that it is good for you....when i was taking pain pills orally(200 mgs or more/day) I would have chest pains, headaches and severe anxiety. Today is day 6 for me and I feel fnatastic. I have not had a panic attack  or chest pains since the last day I used, which was friday.
I think that after you stop and the physical wd's are over,,,you may find that your pain is not as bad as it was on the pills. Those pills tend to maginify the pain-ironic I know-but they do. You can also try something else for your pain...I have found that ibuprofen and aleve are better meds than I had thought:)
Helpful - 0
Sorry did have advise for you but evidently someone didnt like it and took it down. sorry
Helpful - 0
Your liver is the last place the drug goes where it is metabolized and filtered out of your system anyway.But who's splitting hairs you are right on with the AA/NA "90 in 90". That's where you can get some "real poeple" help to go along with the forum.  Most of the best rehab/recovery centers are based on, and make you attend AA/NA meetings also.
Helpful - 0
post came back
Helpful - 0

Thank you all. I need to do something soon. every day I wake I feel like I'm going to die.
I'm not even sure I like perks. I feel I like the whole process. Taken the pill breaking it up and scrapping lines together and then snorting them. I truly don't think I'm addicted to perk, but I depend on them. I think I'm addicted to snorting anything. After my mom die I did alot of coke, but I just never liked it. I always have perks and I get them every month, so I figured I would try and snort them and it felt good and I already told you the story from there.
I spoke to my doctor when I got very sick and I told him everything and I didn't hold back. He's honest answer was that " you shouldn't snort them, but it's not going to cause serious issues, but you should stop" I'm confused. If I didn't need the perks I know I could stop because I've done it before, but got really sick and I realized how deep I was. I've had enough sh it in my life, this is the last thing I need.
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
I don't know if it's worse for your body per se - it is clearly worse for your sinuses.  However, I've been told that when you crush and snort it's being delivered without going through your liver first.  Thus (if that's true), you're not delivering as high a dose of acetamophen to your liver, which is better (hard to think of that as good).

What is CLEARLY WORSE is what it spells in turms of your stage in addiction.  Smoking or snorting any drug is typically a faster delivery method and it gives a quicker pathway to the brain.  So, the fact that you choose and continue to use this method points to your being in a later stage of addiction than someone who could be "happy" with just swallowing them.  Also, the quicker delivery methods are more likely to result in quicker and deeper addiction.  It's a bit of a chicken or egg problem, but it spells trouble either way.

For the first thing I did every morning (after my 3-4 hours of sleep) was to snort one and take 2.  Then I pretty much splitting the rest during the day 50-50 between snorting and swallowing until I crashed at 2:00 or 3:00 am after taking 35-40 10/500 lortabs.  I eventually switched to pretty much the worst drug, crack, which is delivered by the worst delivery system (smoked rock actually gets it to the brain faster than powder or H that is disolved and injected).  

You should be able to stop snorting if you ingest the same quantities - you won't get the same rush, but it will keep you out of WD.  Then once you've switched, start tapering yourself down.  Get the book "End Your Addiction Now," by Dr. Gant it has some really good (crucial, I think) info about what makes us addicts tick and advice about how to get ticking like a normal person.  Also take a look at "Staying Sober," by T. Gorski & M. Miller or "Staying Clean & Sober: Complementary and Natural Strategies for Healing the Addicted Brain," by M. Miller and D. Miller.

If you can't stop the snorting, etc., you need to get medical help.  To be honest, that's where I'd start if I were you - but I'm not you and that's not even what I did when I was doing what you're now doing.  What I did was try on my own at various times once I realized that my use was out of control.  I'd be so serious about stopping and I'd get off (for as long as 58 days once) only to relapse and have my use get worse than ever.  Sometimes I'd try again quickly, but other times it was like I simply gave up the idea or forgot that it was important to quit.

In the end it took huge loses and near death to force me into residential rehab - twice.  First it was for just 28 days, after which I immediately relapsed.  The second time, 5 months later, was for 122 days, but I "got it" that time and I'm now over 20 months 100% Clean & Sober.  

Check out A.A. and/or N.A. - I went to at least one meeting a day (8-10/week) for my first 7 months and I still average 6 a week.

Good luck.
Helpful - 0
DAMN thats a lot of stuff to snort and I was a MAJOR meth head for 8 months. Just stop sounds to easy to say but I feel empathy for you and had to say something. If you feel like you have to get the pills in you as fast as you can then just crush them and take em like a BC powder. The oxycodone can't be getting into your blood stream that fast anyway while snorting them cause its diluted in all that tylenol and other **** they put in pills as binders. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.