Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Felt good this AM...now down again?

Day 5 c/t for me from vikes...I took 5mg Xanax for first time last night because I desparately needed sleep...got 6 hrs and woke up feeling pretty good.  Had gifts for my children for Valentines Day and actually felt joy with them for the first time in days. THey have a snow day today so they are all home (4 of them) and I now am finding myself anxious and depressed and feeling overwhelmed.  I used to love when they were home with me but I feel as though I won't be able to be "mom". Husband went to work so now I'm on my own...I guess due to the fact that I have little energy makes this seem more than I can handle. When does this rollercoaster stop?????
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
today will be a better day. they can help you keep your mind off everything. awesome you got some sleep. you should really start feeling more human today. i have to work early today so i won't be on til 5ish. have a great day.
Helpful - 0
You are 100% right. The kids are making me a little nuts today....which is actually very normal!!!! That is actually a GREAT thing! I love them to death but if they didn't make me crazy when we are all cooped up together than something would be awry!!!  I still lack energy which is to be expected but my head is getting to a better place.  Have to do about 8 loads of wash...boy I really let things go...but I am able to do it today! Pretty bad pain in my back but can tolerate with 800mg Ibuprofen. Thanks again for your support and I am looking at the cup today as "half full!"
Helpful - 0
Tou don't have to try to be "mom" that comes natural, and I'm suer you're a pretty good one or you wouldn't being trying to quit this mess. Make some games out of your chores today and let the kids help. Kids like to help if its a game it makes them feel grown up, have fun, and they can be proud of what they did. Good Luck to you.
Helpful - 0
Thanks...the kids really are great. My son went out and shoveled the walk...he is actually 15 and my husband and I told he and my 13 yr old daughter what was going on with me. They really have been great and hopefully seeing me like this will be a good lesson for them and a deterrent. The little ones are helping me with the wash so I am trying to get the "family time" back. Thanks for your kind words!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.