Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

A Note from ThursdayNext to Posters and Lurkers

It's bedtime here and my litte ones are on the couch they smell like soap. One has a book and is reading to the other.  She is snuggling him and sucking her thumb.  And I am utterly present.  And because of this, I will remember this night forever.  Today my fortune said "Forget those things that do not need remembering."
Momma has made her act of contrition and as such deserves respect and forgiveness.  This is doubly necessary as her now dismissed post, while caustic, was filled with some truths that should not be lost on us in the heat of emotion.
We must have resolve.  There is some of that lacking here lately. Some of the stronger ones have bowed out to make room for others to take their place.  
I have posted before that in as much as we are deciders we are also doers.  We are here, hence a decision has been made.  Now all that remains is the doing.   So, DO!!. Do with conviction, accept that doing is NEVER easy or everyone would be doing it.  Does this mean that venting and voicing our fears and frustrations is wrong.  Certainly not, but these moments of weakness and fear must serve as a catalyst for change.  By this I mean you cannot know strength until you have known weakness and you cannot know courage until you have felt fear.  Remember courage is nothing more than feeling fear and DOING anyway.  I'm sure that some will find my observation offensive and to that I say as I have said before, "No one can hurt you without your permission." TN-still here  
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you for your support and forgiveness! I will continue to try and make positive contributions
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
thanks for posting.. my eyes always light up when i see posts from some of the people who were here when i got here.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.