Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

amythist2779

Hi there, I read your post about having a bad day concerning your back pain. I just wondered if you own/use a hydrocolator? It's a heating machine that holds hot packs like the physical therapists use. I have one and it has been a god send. The packs stay in it all the time & when you need 1, you just wrap it in a terry cloth towel (they come w/the machine) & put it wherever you are hurting. It's a very moist heat & it works wonders for me while it's on. The moment I take it off, I'm in pain again but at least it gives me some relief for a while. If you like, I can look for the website where I bought mine. I've had it for about 6 years & I would never get rid of it! When I went to physio therapy twice a week, I finally asked if they sold them & they didn't but they gave me the # to someone who does. It was the best purchase I've ever made! It is somewhat costly tho, I paid about $600.00 U.S. for it but for me it was well worth it. I hope you get some relief/sleep tonight. ((((hugz))))
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
149087 tn?1258453820
Hey thanks for the info. No I have never even heard of such a thing. I wouldnt mind checking out the website though, but dont go out of your way to find it, its not that big of a deal. If they cost that much, there is no possible way I would be able to afford one right now anyways. Because of my pain and health problems, I have not been able to work since March of 06. The docs recommended I try for disability. I laughed at them. Thought they had to be joking, I just turned 28 for heavens sake! How embarrassing would that be? To be on disability at such a young age. People would look at me and not see any physical disability and just stereotype me as lazy, and I am so far from being a lazy person.

Well that argument and train of thought lasted me a few months, but I finally broke down and made the call to get it started. I feel really embarrassed, and ashamed for it too because I have always worked for everything that I have, and I dont want to live off of the government, but right now it is physically impossible for me to have a job. I can not even get out of bed most days because of the pain, and I have to have some way to pay the bills so my children have a roof over their heads. I pray everyday for a miracle so that they will find a cure for fibromyalgia so that I can have my old body and life back. So that I can earn my way through life.

I am really sorry to keep on rambling tonight. Im sure I am boring the hell out of you all,I get like this when I get in one of these down moods, and I know its just because I am so tired and I can not get comfortable. So again I will zip it for a little bit. Thanks for listening though, even if my posts tonight seem like my thoughts are jumping all around from one subject to another. Its the fibro fog startin in from no sleep.
Take care
Aurora
Helpful - 0
Just wanted to see if you were feeling any better today.  I hope so.  You have nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about.  Your body not functioning properly is NOT YOUR FAULT.  I hope you have a better day today.  Will e-mail you later.
Helpful - 0
I also have fibro & myofascial pain so I know all about the fog. I will find the website for you & post it a little later. I have to run to town right now. I hope you get some sleep.((((hugz)))) Jen
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.