Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hydrocodone withdrawal

Hey everyone, I'm new and am trying to recover from oxy for the second time. I am on day 11 but have been taking hydrocodone (3-4)a night(for the past 4 nights) so I can sleep and feel normal every now and then. My question is How bad is the hydrocodone withdrawal? I'm wondering if i shouldnt just take it till I'm over the oxy and then detox from the hydrocodone or if I should quit taking it. I keep telling myself to skip days and take it only every couple days but I always end up taking it. Please lend some advice! Thanks.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've got you all beat, or atleast I do by what all the current post said. I didnt start well scratch that lemme tell ya where i am right now, I take 16-18 Vicoden 10/660
a day. At night I take usually 2 xanax and 1 Doxapin. O.k lemme break it down, I've been on this for 6 years straight thats why my tolerance is so high. I DID NOT start this **** for a high or a buzz truth be told i used to sell it. i had a Qwack docter that gave it to me cause i was in a bad carwreck breaking and crushing several bones in my body. So when i got better i wasmt stupid i worked in a factory and knew i could make a ton off it so i did. that lasted 2 years then i was on 3rd **** and my back was hurting from my job so i took 1 .5mg (weakest of hydro) and man i felt awesome, pain was gone, for some reason i came alive i would work through the night and fell like i could go 6 more. Guess what. 1 didnt do it anymore it took 2 then 2 became me asking the doc for 7.5. then i was on 1 for a long time the that became to then to 3 thenm to 4 then back to doctor upped it to 10/660 ok back down to 1 a night then 2 then 3 then hell when i got off and i was in a bad mood pop 2-3 more and felt great. then bam im in a bad mood B4 i goto work boom pop 2-3 more. OK sooo 5years later my beloved girl left me i was engaged to for 1 year and had been togehter for six years left me in the middle of the night. I guess what im getting at is that this addiction i have has so many layers in it that all i do is when i get my script each month its not even 1 and a half weeks later im almost out and worried how im going to get more. Its a bullshit ass vicious cycle that i am going to break . but here is what makes my tuffer i believe is that i really do have a bad back that hurts me ALL the time from slip disc from my wreck , I dont have insurance to get medical attention and leaves me with my mind battleing me everyday saying man u dont need to quite ur back KILLS u when ur out u cant sit still cause the pain is a constant ache. But ive been doing research on this and everything about this,and ive learned that YOUR mind after getting hooked on P/K's or Herion (they have the same detox cause they are both made with the same opiates/opiad)(which also scares the hell out of me that me and the guy sitting next to me that is hooked on Herion, we r just the same in the clinincs eyes. Herion, Herion holy ****. so the big question, ya i called all the places that say detox with NO withdrawls but guess what 7,000 $ up front when u go. i DONT HAVE 7,000 . ok ur asking about withdrawls and how long,,CK THIS OUT. when i run out i cant eat if i do ill through it up, i get severe diarreah, i get HUGE anxiety attacks, heart rate will blast sky high out of know where,ill hurt SO BAD all over that i feel like i cant even move. the longest i ever went was 10 days without cause i ran out,no money to goto the doc. even if i did no money to fill em so i said fuk it. and ill tell ya what that 1st 5 days youll feel REAL heavy like u dont even feel like u can stand up. and youll feel all the other things i just said. BUT i can say that when i got to that 9-10 day i couldnt really believe, the pain let up, i was doing family things. (another major thing tabs do to you, you slowly cut off all ur friends and life and all the tings u enjoy doing) bbut i was now catching my self talking more and i new , man if i can just hang in there i can beat this, but sure enough on the 11th day, my mom got hers filled and i said ok ill take again but i just wont take no more than 5 a day. ya bullshit thats what u tell urself everytime u run out. So the bottom line to all this is, its hell and ur mind will change ur thinking TO make u want more and tell u tomarrow well take less tomarrow, ive been telling myself that for atleast a year now and im still waiting for the miracle, if u seen me you would never believe me by my looks that im do that, clean cut sharp dude, but opiates dont discriminate =0. this is the first time i have everyspoken about this. its 4:00a.m i cant sleep, been out of tabs for 2 days supposed to gget them filled tomarrow Friday feb 16th, so that what i deal with monthly nervous wreck hoping the pharmacy will fill it. ya this is getting real old.
Helpful - 0
Hey...I never took oxy but was hooked on Vicodin 10-15 10/325 Norco daily.  I am on Day 6 c/t and the first 3-4 days were really rough...coldsweats/hot/achiness/irritability and anxiety.  Not meant to scare...just give info. Everyone is different and your w/d may be easier or more difficult. On Day 6 and feeling better. Still lots of irritability and some anxiety but much better than the first 4 days. As far as the other post about marijuana, only smoked that in my teens and 20's...didn't like it much..made me more anxious. Our thoughts are with you, I know this is a rough road but lots of support here.
Helpful - 0
How long did the w/d last on the hydrocodone? I was w/d from oxys for almost 4 months slipping up once in the middle and was still in pain at the end. Isn't that abnormally long.
Jeff
Helpful - 0
Iwas only on vicodin for 7months but was taking up to 20 a day I tapered down to 8 for two days then 4 then they were gone so I was done. I'm on my 3rd day and to be honest i feel fine. I Took oxy's a few years ago for about 2months 3 20mg's a day and quit ct and the w/d from that was a week of HELL!! So I expected the worst this time and honestly its be fine, I've had cravings which has been the hard part because they are all around me, but physically no pain. As I've said before I belive in positive thinking, getting out and doing stuff so your not home thinking about the pills, exercise, & eat healthy, I know this isn't the cure all and some people have it WAY worse than me, but this is what has helped me both times. It's ok to prepare yourself mentally for about 3-14 days of feeling crappy, but try to not dwell on it, the more you think "this is going to suck" the more it will, plus your wasting energy.... try thinking, "I'm going to be healthy, get my life back, and feel good again shortly...none of this will kill me, and hopefully I learn from my mistake" remind yourself what you are grateful for (i keep a little flat rock in my pocket and everytime i touch it i think of one thing I'm grateful for...this helps keep good thoughts in my head, sounds weird I'm sure but again can't hurt to try) Good luck to ya
Helpful - 0
I have withdrawn from both.  I think the hydrocodone withdrawals were worse.  I don't know why but it seems like they lasted longer and were more intense than the oxy w/d's.  

JOE
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.