Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

beachtowel???

I just read your post about the n/a meeting in Bowling Green.... I live south of Detroit and agree about the meetings in and around the Detroit area... I am not having any luck finding one I am comfortable at either, you said it takes about an hour to get there??  I don't mean to barge in I am just looking for new meetings... Thanks in advance  :-)
17 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Kool, I'll be waiting to hear from you.

take care,
Michael
Helpful - 0
That would be really cool....I have not been going to any meetings because I don't like any of them in this area and I really think the meetings are essential in my recovery....
Helpful - 0
Hey Sky you said you were south of Detroit I used to live in Ann Arbor for 5 years are you any where around there.
Helpful - 0
No I moved from Redford to Taylor Tucky  :-) Where are you?
Helpful - 0
Your in Taylor, I'm about 20 miles north of Detroit.
Helpful - 0
So we are neighbors, thats cool...And nice to know someone close that suffers the same affliction....  I don't have any other contact locally with anyone that knows what I am going through so that kind of sucks...And it dosen't help not to have a meeting to go to for support since I don't have alot of support here..
Helpful - 0
Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
Helpful - 0
Sure.... 34/F... Spent the last 5 years consuming 20-30 Vicodin ES or any other opiate I could get my hands on, and sadly not because I needed them either.. I had a friend that had some and she asked me to try them so I did and one turned to two then two--three at a time and so on.... Bottem line is that I was working at a Doctors office at the time and one thing led to another and I ultimately lost that job because I was stupid enough to think I was above the law and did some stupid things (I am sure you can put two & two together and know what i was doing) Luckily was not prosecuted but my addiction actually elevated from there... Finally got tired of being sick and tired all the time from the opiates and went to an addiction center in Detroit about two months ago and they put me on Suboxone and I have been weaning down on that ever sice...
Helpful - 0
Ok tahnks I will----and just to let you know it will be coming from ***@**** so you know it is safe to open and all  :-)
Helpful - 0
ok I can only see my original post now so I cannot see your last post to me do we have to start another one for me to see it?
Helpful - 0
OK I see it now sorry...  And I am not taking your response wrong, But I did it as a 5 day detox method about a year ago and it did not work that way for me I went right back to using so now my addiction doctor has me slowly weaning instead...  I started on 8mg a day for about 3 weeks then went to 6mgs a day for 3 weeks now I am on the tail end of 4mgs and about to go to 2mgs aday then I will do 2mgs every other day and so on... I don't believe I am substituting at all because I am still weaning just a little slower under a doctors care to ensure my long term success....
Helpful - 0
also, I seen some other posts where it is mentioned that suboxone is only a 5 day medical detox... Just wanted to let you know that most people relapse and quick after only doing a 5 day detox so it is aproved for long term use and actually alot of pain management doctors are now using it in place of shorter acting opiates to avoid these nasty addictions.. And believe it or not some people take a low dose like 2mg for years and some even for the rest of their lives..Just some more info incase you didn't know  :-)
Helpful - 0
I went into detox for 5 days after 36 yrs of addiction.
Heroin, Fentanyl, Daladid, Tylox, Hycomine, Hycodane, percocett,,,vicodin,,,oxy,...............

I was interviewed by a nurse in the doctor sitting on the toilet not knowing which way to face the toliet and trying to figure out how to face both ways at the same time.lol............

I couldnt believe how violently my body responeded from quitting my oppiate addiction.

I also realize that everybody are not the same the way they react to things.
I am not talking about falling off the wagon but only detox.
Helpful - 0
?
Helpful - 0
Hi Sky,

send me an email sometime
***@****
Helpful - 0
Wow suboxone is suppose to be a five day process. It sounds like your replacing instead of weening. Please don't misundstand my words I am not judging you just speaking from experience.
I am going to Bowling Green next Wed. nite the meeting starts at 7pm. I am leaving here about 5pm your welcome.
Helpful - 0
Hi Sky, I was sent to a rehab in Bowling Green by the court system here in the Detroit area. After I was there for 120 days I was able to attend a local N/A meeting in Bowling Green. It is on Wed. nights at 7pm and the only N/A meeting in Bowling Green. A guy by the name of Dominic runs it.
It is kinda of lonely at times to make the drive by myself maybe we could hook up sometime.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.