Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

question about pills?

hi everyone,
             well, suprisingly the past week I've been feeling ok. I think going ct was just not right for me. I also did not taper. What I did or do is really cut back my oxy intake. Instead of doing 2 or more 80's a day I am doing 1 80 once or twice a week. I try to keep it to the weekends. I know it sounds crazy but it's been working. My anxiety is so much better. Maybe it's better because I think we ( my husband, me and our 2 kids) are finally looking for our own place. we've been living with his parents which, in my eyes, has made me want to do more pills.

Well here's my question. Someone gave me some Ultrams, or thats what they said they were. They are football shaped, white, and on one side the number 58 and on the other side is the number 93. I tried looking them up online but found nothing. Are these really ultrams? My friends said they would help with w/d's because it tricks your brain into thinking it has opiates but they are really not an opiate and are not addictive. Now, when I do oc's i crush and snort them and my friend said to snort them. The only thing i found online was not to mix these with paxil ( i'm on 10mg and weening off) any advice? I don't want to ruin my "feeling ok" by adding another addiction to my plate ya know. Should i just stick to weed when i feel crappy and continue to try to phase out the oxy's. Hopefully phase out i should say. or do I just sound like an addict still looking for some type of high?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
With all the generic companies making pills these days its hard to say. I have never seen a football shaped Ultram.
Ultram and Ultracet are non-narcotic
I think they were designed to give to drug seekers.

They wouldn't even get rid of headache for me.
Helpful - 0
I can only warn you - Ultram/tramadol is EXTREMELY addictive. If you scroll back and read some of the other posts you will see many people having the exact same problems as with Vicodin. They are supposed to be less addictive being synthetic morphine, but many doctors have found out that they are indeed very addictive and that the withdrawals are horrible. I am trying to quit my own use of Ultram by tapering, and it is definetely not easy.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
so they are definitely Ultrams then? I'll stick with my one addiction. I definitely dont need another battle with another pill right now. I'm trying to slowly come off paxil. For some reason, I think it was making my anxiety worse. Does that sound nuts? So back to the Ultrams, are they a painkiller? Sorry about all the questions I've just never heard of them before.

Also, while reading through posts today, I heard a lot of people talking about Norco? I have never heard of them? What are those? Again, these questions are only out of curiosity (sp?).

Helpful - 0
Ultram is listed as a mild narcotic pain reliever.  My cousin started using those to get high and spiraled way out of control.  I have used them to help with withdrawal sypmptoms.  I haven't found them to be "fun" but they can be addiciting and you can go through the same withdrawals.

Norco is one of the brand names for hydrocodone and tylenol.  It is stronger than vicodin.  If you look it up they have tons of names for the same drug.  They all have different levels of tylenol in them.  Addicts go for the Norco because you can take more with less toxicity to you liver.  Its not the narcotic that gets you with hydrocodone addiction.  Its the tylenol.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Helpful - 0
thanks, I have to say, this site is the best site that I've come across. My husband also has a problem with oxy's. We started together and are trying to quit together. For some reason he does a lot better with w/ding ten I do. I mean, dont get me wrong, he hurts bad but luckly for him he barely gets the anxiety and depression, which to me is the hardest part of it all. I feel bad because he does not know how to help me calm down, and its to a point where I try to hide how bad my anxiety can get because it reallyupsets him to leave me at home while he works. And this site has been such a help to me. I spend all my free time reading posts and posting my own when ever I need to vent. I really think that this site is the reason why I have been feeling better in the depression and anxiety department. Everyone is so open-minded and encouraging. I think it's better then therapy.

So I will stop rambling, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone...... :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.