Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tramadol vs Hydrocodone

Can anyone tell me the difference between tramadol and hydrocodone?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm on both HYDROCODONE and Tramadol (2 3 times a day). Hydrocodone is for when I can't hardly move & tramadol isn't cutting it. When I take it, it's 1 pill every 6 hours.
Helpful - 0
that may be true, but i'm finding it useful since dr is taking me off hydrocodone and putting me on tramadol
Helpful - 0
479459 tn?1246742019
lol, hey maybe that jump to 9 was a bit too soon...just kiddin! :-)
I didn't know that tho actually..that it takes tram awhile to "load in your system". That must be why the WD take longer, from a depression standpoint.
hmmm..
d
Helpful - 0
Oh...I feel stupid...LOL!
Helpful - 0
The above post is very old...it's from Feb 2007. Just wanted to let you know b/c I don't think they are still around.
Have a good day!
JoAnn
Helpful - 0
Yea, the withdrawals from Tramadol is much worse than hydrocodone.  Tramadol seems to kill pain for a longer period than hydrocodone.  You really have to go through a loading phase with Tramadol before it starts to work well.  After dosing for a couple weeks it starts working pretty good.  I don't recommend anyone take Tramadol.  You don't want to be addicted to Tramadol, I promise you.  It is just as addictive as hydrocodone and it is twice as dangerous.
Helpful - 0
I am unsure what the differences are totally but I do know that tramadol has NO tylenol in it. Well I think certain tram's do but straight tramadol 50mg does not.
I also know that they too can be addictive.

Tramadol is an atypical opioid which is a centrally acting analgesic, used for treating moderate to severe pain. It is a synthetic agent, unrelated to other opioids, and appears to have actions on the GABAergic, noradrenergic and serotonergic systems. Tramadol was developed by the German pharmaceutical company Gr
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.