Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

mommapoohbear

yes i'm in recovery too, and wish i was doing as good as you are. i've been taking 10-15 lorcets 10 mg a day for the past 5yrs., with some percs and oxys along the way. i've w/d c/t twice and this is my 3rd attempt. i have endometriosis, a c-section, and several laporoscopies. have chronic pain from the scar tissue and endo., but after abusing my meds  i have never been able to take as directed since. so i'm going pretty much c/t i've taken a few vic 5mg here and there, and started on cymbalta, which has really helped. this time has got to work i want my two girls to have their mommy back. it's such a mental struggle for me, thats why i asked how long you took them. after 5yrs of abusing them, my mind is so stuck on having them. i'm a very positive person, and always take responsibility for my actions (i did this and i have to fix it) no excuses for why, though i'm sure i could name several. but bottom line is I DID IT AND I"LL FIX IT. My mind has just been playing major tricks on my the last three days. i just want it to stop. i find if i get out i do better, its when i'm home alone that it gets bad. i'm in WI and have no car so walks are out of the question cause it's so cold.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Near Seattle
Helpful - 0
hello,......i live in wenatchee,wash, are you anywhere near?
Helpful - 0
you made me smile in an otherwise smileless day...thank you for your kindness, and I'm happy some of my advice helped you to!I was sooo mad at myself when I let this get out of hand, I told myself after oxy's I would never... and here I am wondering if its to late to call my friend back. Boy does your head play games with you doesn't it!! I think for me the tapering was a little easier, ct scared the **** out of me!! I know what you mean about love/hate like i said i feel like i lost a boyfriend or something it's makes me feel needy and I hate that. I to am funny, out going and love life, this just got the best of me i guess. Well off to but my little one to bed, talk more tomorrow i hope! Take care and have a good night honey!
Helpful - 0
hey we all say things when we have a bad day, i never judge anyone, and hate being judged. dont need it cause no one is harder on me than myself!!! i'm proud of you for turning down the percs, not sure i would of been that strong. i'm a smart fun outgoing person who has let these pills take total control over me and my life. i know i can do it this time, when a slip i dont beat myself up anymore. i know its mind over matter, buts its soooo hard to retrain my brain to living life w/out my pills. it is like losing a friend that,love-hate relationship, you know? and about the posts the other day, i posted to you after that and think you are a caring, strong person. we have one thing we share, we both have kids that are worth the suffering of w/d's. the are so innocent and dont deserve a life w/ a mommy who lives life all "fuzzy" everyday. your positivity inspires me and beleive it or not you ahve helped me to think more positive, and not wallow in self pity. THANK YOU!!!
Helpful - 0
I was born in WI, but now i live in the Northwest. I'm much like you started for real reason but liked the feeling so much that I never took the correct dosage! The problem is mental for me to, i get very sad like I've been broken up with when I think about the pills, and one of my "friends" just called to tell me he had 80 percocets if I wanted them, boy was that a hard thing to say no to... just tired of feeling sad. But I'm trying to keep a healthy attitude and everytime I see my daughter smile remember I can do this for her if i can't do it for myself. Kicking oxy's a few years back was hard physically but not mentally I wonder why that is?? I'm glad you've reached out to me dispite my crappy post from before I enjoy having someone to talk to... my husband knows but he isn't an addict so its hard for him to understand. Have you tried the wheat grass yet??? LOL
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.