Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

We're all so different...yet so alike!

I won't be on today as I have a busy day with my family...feels good to say that!  I just wanted to say how interesting it is that, while I don't know any of you face to face, it's amazing how I see strong personality traits in the way you phrase things. Some of you are so eloquent/some more straightforward/I feel that I am more conservative in my prose than others but I get a real sense of who you are by how you say it. We all have the same issues, some more severe and intense than others but stil the same demons that we deal with and it feels so good to come here and feel like I am talking to living, breathing, caring people who are so different yet there is a common thread amongst us!  As always, i thank you all for being strong and supportive and I hope if you're struggling today, you can find some peace by coming here, or from a loved one, or from your children. OK I'll shut up now!
Peace to you all and find the strength.
Marcie
Day 8 c/t
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Very well spoken Marce, I agree with you.
Helpful - 0
Amen.  And when you are in the funk of addiction you think you can do without support.  I tried to be away from the forum (THE ONLY PEOPLE I TALK TO ABOUT THIS) for a couple weeks.  Well, it "calls" you.  Once you have put yourself out there, especially one like me with real honesty issues, I feel the draw of the forum, I feel it is the one place that is my reality.  Therefore, I choose to ignore my support here because my addiction tells me it isn't necessary to share all that hurtful stuff. In other words, just ignore those forum people and it will be easier to ignore my addiction.

It is a love hate relationship because everyone here knows their truth and wouldn't be here if they didn't.  It is an amazing, healing, wealth of information that I should be grateful for and yet it scares me.  It scares me that I will be betrayed some way.  That is what happens when you haven't told the truth in soooo long; when you do it is frightening action.  Paranoid and leary of true friends, because I let my addiction be my best friend.  I protect it and lie for it and cheat for it and lose my self respect for it.  All that!!! and I am afraid of YOU????

Just venting today.  Good to be back but I feel like a failure because I was going to be that person who could write and say "I've been through this"  I can HELP YOU NOW!  right.  Better work on myself a little longer

Peace~
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.