Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Have you ever dreamed of detoxing/

So the other night I have this dream, a dream that seemed so real.  I find myself surrounded by people in the same boat as me in this fight for a pill free life.  Just as real life, dh doesn't know,  I go to a home (more a mini mansion) where we are all so happy and keeping each other focused.  Only I am weak and can't handle this, I think about a pill bottle I hid in a car somewhere and if I can just get to the car.  The car shows up outside, score, I go straight to the tire well and pull it out, tucking it safely away I try to get my prize into the home.  Drug dealers appear everywhere outside the front of the house, they can literally smell the meds, they start ripping at my clothes, just wanting to get away I throw the bottle towards the yard area and run into the house.

My god this tapering is taking over my sleep now too.  Of course I have never seen a dealer so they all were dressed in tattered black clothes, grundgy, greasy black hair with a longer whispy length.  Sorta of a modern west side story look *lol*
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Grace no disrespect but I was very amused by your post.
I don't think God has anything to do with your distorted sleeping but the rest was pretty good.
I had a very good experience in detox that is once they put me on Subutox every two hours that first day.
accept for the doctor being late to see me and being trapped in a stall in the bathroom for an hour it wasn't that bad.
When I was in my second inpatient rehab for six months is when my dreams came but they were quite different than yours. For about two weeks straight I watched myself through the years getting high and screwing people over left and right to get high.
I would wake up every day feeling really bad as I would watch myself lying, and manipulating people to get high.
I hope one day your free of the deamons that enable you to get pills or your high of choice.
good luck
Helpful - 0
Absolutely correct!  This demon will lie it's ass off to keep you addicted.  And then I lie my ass off to protect the demon.  Thanks for your words.  Really needed that today.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
Hi  Hope today is going good for you,i have been reading your post and wanted to tell you both that you are doing a great job! when the feeling in your head gets to tough,dig deep find the real you it is in there,you are fighting a demon who will lie to you to get what he wants,dont let him win,you  have it in you, just dig deep and get it out,you will win this fight !!
Helpful - 0
Funny, 1 of my dealers is a 60 something year old woman and the other is a 50 something year old clean cut guy that just happens to have a 240/month script from the VA hospital that he doesn't need or take any of. Myself, when I was slinging Crystal looked a lot like your discription except my clothes weren't tattered.
We need a little humor in here every now and then. I know you didn't mean to be humorus, but I have a funny sence of humor. I am however here to seriously support you when you need it.
Helpful - 0
thats so funny i was just telling my sister how i had this bizarre dream alst night about pills. funny, huh???
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.