Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

another question

My hubby got ahold of some ultracets he says they arent addictive and wont set him back. I personally think they will since he has only be clean 10 days.  Does any one know if this will start him back sown the path to percocet?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know better than anyone that Ultracet/tramadol is very addictive, as I am battling the addiction right now - I have written about this several times on this forum, but maybe I haven't been clear enought. thanks so much for the very informative and clarifying explanation.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Personal opinion, have him get rid of that **** ASAP.  I went down the Ultram road and the previos poster is correct in saying it won't make him "want" percs, but it does tickle the receptors and he will want that feeling. Ultracet is Ultram (tramadol) with Tylenol, it was made to be a non addictive synthetic med (an alternative to opiates).  Use to be given out in sample form at the Dr. I was given litterally hundreds of sample packs a month from my Dr.  Then the samples stopped, more research was done, low and behold it was found to be addictive and brought on SERIOUS withdrawls.  It was moved to a schedule 2 (It hink) drug, classified with vic,percs and such.  I have withdrawn from perc, vics, oxy and ultram, and by far Ultram was the worse demon. Along with all the normal symptoms (flu like, aggitation, mood swings), I would cry for no reason (even while on the med) I was mean as schmidt to everyone, and the withdrawls, OMG I would have bugs crawling all over my skin, nightmares, sweats, breathing issues on TOP OF the other wd symptoms. Forgot to mention several people siezured when trying to go cold turkey and that was from a prescribed dose.  There is a lot of Ultram info on the net, I think I have read most of it, even found an ultram support forum, it was nowhere near as friendly and supportive as here (more cliche) but the reading was good.

Again everyone has a differnt experiance, and this was mine.  It sounds like hubby is going through a rough time and hoping to find a "boost" and hoping that you can be fooled into being information naive.  He knows what Ultram is doing to him, the first time I took it I thought "OMG this is a vicodin high and it is given in sample form"  thought I was in heaven, lord was I wrong.
Helpful - 0
ultracett is harmless
No that won't make him take percs
except his addictive cravings which will get very active!
Helpful - 0
Ultracet, tramadol, and ultram all have the same drug in them. Therre are some doctors and readings that say they are not addictive. I however know better. I have seen others while I was in treatment who were there for addiction to that drug. It may not be his drug of choice may not be ultracet BUT is does "tickle" the same receptors in the brain  as that of his drug of choice. We are all different but I would personally stay away from them. I know my addicted mind constantly tells me that there is some new drug that I could take. Thank God I don't listen to it "my addicted brain" anymore.
Good Luck with that.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.