Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help for Taperinig- worked for me

This worked for me, and I wanted to share what happened. I was worried I ws taking too many Vicodin ( I have mild chronic pain) and Oxy too, always running out, not feeling relief from the meds.

I started a colon cleaning program, expecting I would help get the toxins from my system, feel better, etc etc overall help myself BE healthier.(I bought an online packaged Colon Cleansing & Detox product from Dr Natura, but I am sure many good products are out there..do your research,)

Well day 5 into it I noticed when I took just 2 Vicodin 5/500 I felt really "high"..like when I first began years ago.

I thought it would wear off, but it did not the sesnse of well being continued, when I took my 4 hour later dose of 2 Vic I had the same sense of well being and euphoria again.

It suddenly occured to me a cleaner intestine means BETTER  absorption of foods and medicines! SO I hope I can cut back to the 1 pill per 4-6 hours I am supposed to take.

This was my experience, may not do the same for others, but if it coould help some to taper by being able to absorb more of the Ocy or Vic then maybe it will be easier to taper off, and take less?

Hope springs eternal. I also tried just drinking metamucil, drinking prune jiuce with little effect other than being more "regular"-- which is also important due to constipation caused by Oxy.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HI, thanks for this information. Is there any kind of "home remedy" recipe besides the Thomas Recipe?

Just curious what one could possible buy from a drug store, or health store that I could make my own cleanser. Or is this not a good idea?

Thank you again
Tracy
Helpful - 0
Well the basics are a jar of metamuscil, and they have herbal pills that will kill off the parasites and bad bugs in your colon. They also provide  herbal pills for making sure the GOOD  flora and fauna in your gut is not killed off... so keep the good bacteria, get rid of the years of built up gunk in your "engine"..that's how I see it.

Years of  bad diet like diet cola, Ding Dongs, chiliburgers and fatty greasy food can  jam up the plumbing.ya know?

Now, as "mother" Starbuck sez...you could try  looking up detox recipes online- this is NOT the Thomas recipe at all, just a commercial  colon cleaning prduct.

I sorta bought into the idea that , with my LESS than perfect diet, that maybe this is a good way to begin to get away from vics.  and it helped in a way I did not think of.

Imagine.. getting the same bang for less "bucks" (pills)... I need my pain meds but am drifting fast to addition I believe.  Pure of mind, and heart, and body...the Boy Scout Oath?  I am still working on the body part with this cleansing.   vist their site www.drnatura.com  see also www.detoxreviews.com  and check out the info. I am NOT recommending them or anyone.. but an all herbal program like this was worth the cost to me. 30 days  then a break then 60 more days s the full program.

Now,  you can certainly give yourself the trots by taking laxatives and such, but that is not what this is.

look online and do research as I suggested.. you are the captain of your ship...what worked for me may not for you or others.

So, count your pills and worry over running out, or maybe clean the plumbing and get MORE from the ones you do take? and hopefully take less and help yourself? ( Not YOU specificaly Tracy, but anyone)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.