Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Alive and well paRT ii

I know alot depends on dosage-but I was told by rehab couselor that I most likely will start on the highest doses based on my hydrocodone intake (65 10mg norcos EA DAY for over a 3 mo periord-developed over a 3 yr period built up to tolerance).  But as I understad it-I will be monitored by goin to docs office daily for a few days, the so forth depending on doc.  4) But will I just be on Suboxone or subutex ONLY-or are these prescribed in conjunction w/anything elese?  Do they give you norcos too to taper with the meds or what?  Please answer as many as you can as much detail as you can-I am very concerned mainly about how much withdrawals I'll feel while taking either of these meds-please give me your best suggestions-tomorrow is my first appt-will it be suboxone or subutex?  That remains to be seen-I want the one that allows me the most comfort in withdrawls-the physical part-not the mental-this is most important to me first-so please please help-as many responses as possible is so appreciated!!  I miss all of you-glad to be alive-but just not well yet...signed-tell me whats best in Jax fl-loveisamom
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was on Subutox and went in with a terrible pill habit.
Way more than you took for five years everyday.
Subutox was like a god send. If your in a detox nurses will constantly check with you monitoring you to make sure your ok. I recieved double subutox my first day because my withdrawl symtoms were so strong.

My experience lasted five days and they were great with me. I only wish drug rehab and recovery were anywhere near the same experience.

Fear is the first step to overcome, to go into a detox and trust others for your own personal health. It took me years to do my wish is that some of you out there will make this positive decision earlier than I did so that they can get on with there lives.

You can do it I promise you,
good luck
Helpful - 0
So do you mean you didn't experience much withdrawals on it then?  How bad was it?  Were you in an overnight facility-please tell me how you felt while taking subutex-please-i have to know what i will expect-they told me to expect the highest does due to my hydr intake-but what will i expect in withdrawals WHILWE taking subutex?  Did you go in everday or stay overnight for monitoring?  Did they give you anything to go with it?  Did they make sure you stop your pills while on it?  Thanks for any and all info you can give me-even if it is a day by day explanation on how you felt-this would be so helpful to me-fear of the unknown is sometimes worse than anything-know what I mean-thanks again-you are a god send to me in explaining this!!  
Helpful - 0
My detox was planned and an inpatient 5 day program.
I had to be there at 9am.
I got up about 6am and took 12 Per 10's the yellow footballs with the 10 stamp.
I was afraid of how long intake and paper work would keep me before I saw medical attention and I didn't want to get sick.
I got sick about 6pm the doctor was suppose to see me before 4pm.
I was outside smoking when it started to hit me and I barely made it to the bathroom.
I was in there an hour before the dr. finally got there.
He put me on subutox one every two hours. That first day they doubled me up twice my first day.
It makes things tolerable, and the medical staff was very nice to me. They didn't treat me sub-human, they seemed to care.
When they doubled me up the first day I felt the best as each day went by I felt better and better.
After five days my withdrawl symtoms were over but my cravings were screaming in my ear.
To answer your question I was not in pain, my withdrawl symtoms were gone when I was having a bad time one of the nurses would slip me an extra subutox god bless that women.
I was lucky
Helpful - 0
so I am not approved I guess for inpatient duue to insurance-was yours?  thids is the part I hate-I can't beleive it-so when I go to docs office-they are just gonna try giving me one and say good luck see you tomorrow?  geez-i hate the thought-I just want them to be by my side-i hate the tummy pain-do I have to wait x amount of hours off hydrocodone before taking it?  or did they make you taper with hydros WHILE taking the subutex?  Also-due to the amount I am taking (again, 65 A DAY at 10-325) will they at least consider this when diagnosing my dose?  I guss I am afriad they will traet me just like any other person addicted to lets say one whose only been taking 12-15 norcos a day-thats a big difference-will they recognize this?  I wont be lucky enough to have a doc or nurse by my side to slip me another subotex-also-while taking it the first few days-how sick did you feel (deatils are so appreciated-this is my biggest consern is what to expect)-thansk so much beachtowel-every peice of info is making me feel less scared-so don't hold back any and everything you can thimk of-were your anxious-have upset tummy real bad=sleepless????
Helpful - 0
I can hear the mental angish in your words very clearly.
I had no insurance also, there are many agencies that support detox. One problem with this is many of them require a 14 to 30 inpatient drug program which there will be a bus taking you right from detox to drug rehab.
The problem with this is generally a waiting list, I had to wait seven weeks.
There is another way, there are doctors who treat addicts. They are allowed to write scripts for subutox and suboxone. Remember suboxone has an oppiate blocker.

love is a mom, if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask. Believe it or not my pill intake and problem was every bit as bad as yours.

good luck
Helpful - 0
I so appreciate your help Beach!  Ok, can you please tell me what you felt day one, two-etc?  I mean-did you sleep-was your tummy still hurting?  Sorry for so many q's-I just gotta know what you were feeling-please tell me-and thansk again.
PS-Opiate blocker?>  Means it tricks brain to thinking its taking opiates?
Helpful - 0
No oppiate blocker means your brain will not feel oppiate effects.
Day one is challenging going in not knowing how your feel, will the people there care about you and help with withdrawls?
We admitted we were powerless over drugs
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.