Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bad Cravings today...

Good Am all.  My heart aches today as I read so many new posts and at the same time I feel somewhat uplifted by the verses of the songs i just read. It is truly bittersweet as I hear the struggles of so many and how we are all trying to overcome our addictions!  I am on Day 10 and thought it would get easier but I find myself obsessing about pills today. I want to feel that feeling of well being (though I know what it will lead too!) My husband who has been so patient and supportive, I don't think fully understands the roller coaster I'm on. He is getting annoyed that I come to this forum so frequently...I just read the post about obessessing about this site...do I need to back off and take time away from here? I don't know. I think he is entitled to a bad day and to be angry with me, especially after what Ihave put him through and the family. But I feel like comming here keeps me clean and I just like to check in and see if I can help others who have helpd me! Just feeling a little frustrated and wanted to vent. Thanks! Welcome to all the new people...I hope you get what you need from everyone here!
Marcie
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
my b/f says the same thing, i'm always online, but he cant even begin to understand where my mind wonders to so many times everyday, the mental cravings are the worst part i think, i feel like i lost my best friend sometimes, i just try to tell myself "its my mind tricking me" but then i do have flare ups of "realpain", and i know it's not in my head, cause i swell up w/ inflammation, whats a girl to do?
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry to hear that you are having a rough day, but I guess the psychological part of the addiction continues even after the W/D subside, and that may be equally hard. But remember to be very proud of the fact that you are on day 10 - that is an accomplishment! And hang in there!
I wouldn't worry about going on this site all the time, after 10 days its is still important to get support - and even though you have great support from your husband it is not the same as support from people who know exactly what you are going through. The great thing about this site is all the people offering information and support, you can always find someone who have been in your particular situation. And it is uplifting to see that so many take the time to try and help all joining the forum. Thanks to all.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the support! I'm off to the mall with my teenage daughter, won't have time to think about cravings now or at least, do anything about satisfying them. Hope everyone has a peaceful day today!
Helpful - 0
Your men are going to have to not be so selfish and think of you. This site is wonderful and I think the obsesive comments may of been taken out of Proportion. New recovering addicts should be on this site everyday and hours at a time consuming as much positive information they can get.
They don't say 90 meetings in 90 days for no good reason.
Addicts are alone enough there Significant others have to support them for recovery.
To the men out there whos wives and girlfriends are Desperately trying to get well to get mad at them is crazy. Help them, hold them, talk to them and love them unconditionally. They will respond back 10X down the road of recovery and then your lives can be beautiful!
Helpful - 0
Just so proud of you.  Stay busy.  You are my hero...Day 10?????   YOU ARE DOING IT!!! SENDING ALL MY GOOD ENERGY YOUR WAY!!!!!!  You can do it.  
I want you to know how bad over the last two months I wish I could say to this forum it is my day 10.  It is weird for me, I cannot celebrate with anyone but you guys(THE ONLY  PEOPLE I AM HONEST WITH) ...hoping that day will come soon.  And maybe that day will bring more honesty to my life too.

I am very proud.  You are doing it!!!!

Peace~
Helpful - 0
Your words mean so much to me..thanks...I guess we are all stronger than we think sometimes but people just have to remind us of that fact.  Creek,I pray for your recovery as well because I know what you are up against a lot as well and we will all be here for you!
Beachtowel, I'm giving my husband a break today because he has been really great, We can usually communicate quite well so I'm going to sit him down to read your post when he gets home from work! Thanks again!!!!
Helpful - 0
Sounds great Marce,

by the way my name is Michael aka beachtowel
Helpful - 0
Funny...my  husbands name is Michael too! Thanks Michael!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.