Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worried about unborn baby

PLEASE HELP....

I have a friend who just founf out she is almost 5 months pregnant. Before she found out, she smoked crack cocaine. I was wondering how long will it stay in an unborn baby's system??
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
this is the sadest post I have ever read on this site.
I am not judging for as an addict who am I to judge.
I have lived in Detroit where babies are found in dumpsters in the crack infested parts of the city.
When will the courts wake up, when will Judges realize, when will human beings understand we need to help addicts and not just ostracized by people who want to point fingers at us?
I have no advice to give for I have no experience to draw from, I am just sad that this goes on all over the world. How long will it continue? If there is a God above how long before he will get pissed and destroy the world?
Helpful - 0
Ok you said she smoked it before she found out she was pregnant? Did she smoke it everyday? How much? and did she quit as soon as she found out she is pregnant? Considering she is 5 months pregnant and didn't know it makes me wonder? The entire pregnancy is crucial development time and damage could have already taken place considering she is in her 2nd trimester,, Please tell me she has stopped??? There is hope for this woman and child to be healthy I only hope she has made the right choice..
Helpful - 0
I'm so sorry for your friend and her baby...she has to stop...obviously whatever she takes, her baby takes. She is at risk for placental abruption/preterm labor/fetal demise/ and the list goes on.  How often does she smoke. I don't know how long she has been abusing or if she still is but she needs to stop now!  I've seen too many baby's born to addicts and it's not pretty and the outcome is never good. Baby may be fine in the long run but what a way for mom and baby to start a life together! She needs to start her prenatal care immediately and be honest about what she is taking! I'm an L&D/Prenatal Testing nurse so I do see a lot of this! I hope she will listen to you! Keep us posted, we're here to talk to you and help.
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
your concern is justified.as u probably know,using any drug (rx and street)while pregnant jeopardises the health of the mother and feotus.crack in particular is especially noxious to the developing baby.i can not stress enuf how dire this scenario is. your friend needs to contact a doctor asap.if you google -crack and pregnancy- you will find lots of useful info.
Helpful - 0
Wow, I hope your friend has stopped.  I did meth before I knew I was pregnant then one night about 5 weeks along decided I wanted a abortion and did more that night, single scared mom, all I knew how to do was dance.  i know this sounds bad, but, I need to be honest.  Anyways, I got my self together and decided to keep him, thank-god, he is such a good boy.  And I thank the lord to this day that nothing was wrong with him, he is six now and a great boy and a wonderful blessing.  But, your friend needs to know she cant change the past, but, she can change the future and stop using.  I told my doctor and he was a very matter of fact, he gave me special ultrasounds.  But, he assured me they cannot tell if there is damage done because they are not totally accurate.  I just hope she stops and gets good pre-natal care.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.