Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177003 tn?1266270355

suprglyde & Everyone

Went to Indy today for my check-up. My surgeon said there was no sign of any cancer and I don't have to go through the surgery I was so worried about.

Suprglyde..glad to hear your plan for future medical care. Even after surgery in March, you are in control of your care and you're doing a fantastic job. You have guts!! I will be going down to 25mcg in a week. I'm excited to be closer to being off the fentanyl, but dreading the mini w/d that comes with every cut......Take Care and Keep the Faith....LS
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177003 tn?1266270355
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! I was right about your username. Superglide?? Spent seven years on the back of a 1976 superglide. Great memories. lol

Yep. Tomorrow is patch changing day and I'm only going to put the 25mcg and leave the 12 off. There will be some w/d because I'm getting close to saying bye-bye to fentanyl. However, I haven't underestimated my enemy. Fentanyl is a powerful warrior and I'm just a little woman but I will win the war, although I have lost some battles. I will endure. If the damn fentanyl wants to fight the only advice I have is....it's silly to bring a knife to a gun fight. (I wish I was as big and bad as I'm pretending.)

I was afraid I couldn't find you because the posts leave the first page so fast. I hunted you down and I'm glad. I'm trying to think what painkiller that's not an opiate might work for you. After surgery it's usually common to be on a morphine pump for the first day...two at the most, then they slap you on vic's. I will do some research and see what I can find. You're gonna need something at first, but you know that. I still admire the way you're taking charge of your treatment. So many people don't do that. They think the Dr. is God and can do no wrong. I love my surgeon. He saved my arm. Still, before I went "under the knife" I got another opinion.

I can't complain about the weather here too much but I can just a little. I am so into summer and spring. I can sleep eight hours in the sun and feel so good.I think the sun goes through to my bones. lol I can't do that with the patch on though.

I hope you're going off the patch for the right reasons, but I'm sure you are. Don't let me or anyone try to tell you what to do. If I have ever done that I'm sorry. I hope you find a painkiller that doesn't have to be an opioid that can help you but what if you don't?? Pain day after day can take it's toll. I'm worried about you and that's probably why I'm going on and on.

OK...time to do the sleep thing. I saw a lady I need to respond to but I wanted to find you first...I wish you a pain free night....LS
Helpful - 0
Hi Lady,
I am on the 100 mcg patch right now, but something IS gonna change on the fifth of next month.  I will be sure to let you know what my Dr. and I decide on.
LOL, no I don't mind at all.  I have a Harley Davidson, Superglyde model motorcycle.  I plan to ride it this year (if it will start after being in mothballs for a while), not as a regular form of transportation, but at least on sunny days on VERY smooth days.
Yea, my surgery is pretty extensive (you should see my x-ray's - lol), but as you can tell, I am not dead!
The neck surgery really bothers me, because I know I will have to have something for pain immediately after.  BUT, I will not have it until I am no longer on an opiate.
When is your next appt.?  Are you gonna move to the 25mcg then?  If so, and you are having a bad time, remember I am only an email away!!  How 'bout this weather?  Nice to be warm again!!
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
WTG!! You're gonna do great because you have a plan to work with. I think trying to find a drug that isn't an opiate, but realizing you will need something from time to time shows foresight. The magic day that's gonna change your life isn't that far away. What mcg patch are you on now?? I am so sick and tired of these patches I could scream. I honestly thought again today about just ripping it off. (not a good idea. lol) I think I have asked you before but how did you choose your username?? I could make a guess but I hate making a fool of myself. You Take Care and I'm here for any support you need....LS
Helpful - 0
Lady,
I see you got some great news, WOO-HOO!!! for you.  Tell me what you think about this:  I am gonna tell my Dr. on my next appt.(3-5) that I would rather go back to the 60mg morphine sulfate (pill) for a couple months, then down to the 30mg, and we will talk about the next step after a pre-set length of time?  Now compare that to what I was going to try in an earlier posting.  Wadda think?  I know I can't go without anything for pain, but I just don't think I need a narcotic running through my veins 24-7.  There MUST be something non-narcotic, that I can use when I am having a bad time of it.  
I have given myself a couple routes to follow, and will start one of them after the fifth of March.
All I know is I have been on the 100mcg patch for over four years, and it is time to stop.  Take care Lady.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Thanks for all the kind words. When I go down to 25mcg, I only have another cut down to 12mcg. Then some w/d and cut down to none.

I am feeling anxious and depressed but nothing to worry about. Hopefully, it will go away soon......LS
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
that awesome news... now you can continue tapering off without the fear of the surgery. i know that you feel bad everytime you step down some but it will pay off at the end. congrats on being cancer free..

stephanie
Helpful - 0
That is fantastic news...Ihope this is extra motivation for you to get off the patches.  Again I don't know much about them but it sounds like we are all in the same boat.  I will pray for you and be so proud of yourself for your progress!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
That's great news - congratulations, you must be very relieved and happy and maybe even more determined to get rid of the patches. Good luck.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.