Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
OMG,  I just read your post and it sounds like the worst detox ever.  How did you come out of that one.  That sounds like hell on earth. I probably would have thrown myself off the mountain,lol. I think I would have got obsessive about the foriegn pharmacys, or told my husband that I did have bad fish and convinced him to take me to a doctor so I could lie again.. LOL.. So how are you doing today??? Huggs, G

9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It was unimaginable! I did obsess with the "pharmacia" they all had big green neon crosses....I had a refill on my Hydrocodone and actually went to a pharmacy to see if they could call the states and get it approved.  We were in a very remote part of tuscany and we could barely communicate w/ them...needless to say, never got the refill and spent the last five days of the trip in misery!  HAD to make the best of it for the kids but what a waste of what started off being a wonderful family vacation.  Can't believe my husband didn't realize what was really happening!  We drove to different towns everyday and on the average they were two hours away from our villa!!!!! Plus, I don't think there was a straight flat road in the entire Tuscan region!  I started back up as soon as I got home...went right to the pharmacy and got that refill, so here I am again!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Sorry, got caught up in my own story...To answer your question...I am doing pretty well...on Day 11 c/t and feeling a little better everyday.  You can do this! I ran out of pills this time as well, I may have been able to get a new RX but I just decided, it's time for me now!!!!! Had they been in the house I probably would have taken them. Don't want to be on another family vacation and have something like that happen to me again! Stay strong and keep faith in yourself!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
WTF I would have been out of my mind.  Just took a trip to the mountains in September and counted them daily.  How obsessed can we be??  Like you said...should have been all about family.  I NEVER thought I would be in this fuckin place.  NEVER in a million years NEVER.
Helpful - 0
Way to go!!!  The strength you have makes me PROUD.  GO FOR IT let this be YOUR time.  You make us proud marce.
Peace~
Helpful - 0
LOL. Im sorry I am just laughing with you, but, if you can survive that then you could survive cold turkey here any day.  I cant imagine what you must of felt like going to a diffrent city every day, I could not of done it.  I would have been a selfish ***** and said I had food poisioning and stayed in the room.  You have the strength in you as we read so stay strong..
Creek, could you imagine that hell, OMG,,,That is the best inspirational story I heard for a while, Thanks
Helpful - 0
In the room FOR SURE>  no doubt about it.  AND someone would have fuckin understood me at the pharmacia or someone woulda got hurt.  I think you are amazing marce...go girl.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
Marcie,
Now I understand why so many doctors today play cops when you go see them. I never thought when I was at the peak of my addiction how many of you guys were right there too.
I can't even mention some of my expoits to get pills. I can't for personal and legal reasons.
It is the insanity that we live and lived in.
You know it bothered me my first time to rehab where I got assistance from the state $$$to go. We were told that the money came from mental health.
I don't know why it bothered me to think that the mental health dept. of the state of Michigan supplied the money for me to attend the drug rehab. I understand now and find it hard to believe how I was living my daily life.
I did learn the true meaning of insanity in drug rehab.
Insanity- to do a task over and over expecting a different result.
We relaspe by convincing ourselves I'll just take this many a day. I'll taper by only taking so many pills. What the hell I'm going into detox I might as well take these pills for a few weeks first. I have legitamate pain I'm not wrong for taking these 9000 percs in a month.
Helpful - 0
AMEN!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
LMAO, seriously, I would have not left the pharmacia, I would have frekin stood outside and paid someome to translate. I dont know how she did it, she is definitly is a inspiration.  Creek, your hesterical, despite all your going through, you make me laugh and if I dont then I will just be doing the norm for me lately which is crying...Hang in there girl
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.