Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

fatigue

so how long does the fatigue last after the last vicodin use? two weeks? a month? Can Pause really cause fatigue after you have some sober time?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
vicodinsucks That question is very difficult to answer because of another big problem depression.
To answer your question withdrawls and depression can cause fatigue for many months even years.

Sorry if my answer is not what you were looking for.
Helpful - 0
I am on day 11 and still feel fatigued but the more I do, the better I feel. I also drink an energy drink called Emegen-C (lots of vitamins and minerals). May swear by Vitamin B12 also.  Everyone's body is different. My strength is slowly coming back but I have heard it may take a good month or more before I feel back to myself. Hope that helps.
Helpful - 0
Yike...just read your post.  How do you feel about effexor for the depression?  Really...months to a year?
Helpful - 0
yes that helps. Using a liver cleanse and vit b complex along with somethign used in rehab ty something. Thanks a month or two I can keep encouraging him. Im really trying to help him with our enabling him. I should let him sleep and get rest whenever he can to help his body probably. I dont think I did that in the past as I was so angry but Im not so angry anymore.
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
There seem to be three issues with fatigue for me:

1.  My brain (what's left of it)must begin to produce endorphins that will give me back that peppy feeling;

2.  My GI tract must begin absorbing nutrients to give me energy so I can begin exercising more.  Exercise builds energy.

3.  My body must learn how to get a normal night's sleep all over again.  Interrupted sleep or sleeplessness is going to produce fatigue.

I think the key is that after w/d symptoms subside, don't rush back.  Let the body regenerate.

I am now at 3 weeks.  I notice that I am now sleeping longer, eating better, and engaging in more activity/exercise.  As this progresses, I do not get fatigued until later each day.

But...BEST OF ALL...I am starting to wake up excited about what I can accomplish that day.  I think the pills took this away.

Anyhow...I hope this gives you another answer to the question you posed...and, perhaps a little hope.  If I can do it...you certainly can.

George  
Helpful - 0
I swore to honesty at my second rehab. I also promised my Mom that no matter how bad I felt after I would always tell the truth about my addiction.

I work as a paralegal for 6 lawyers at a firm here. I have to be pumped up everyday they keep me very busy. I am also still fighting one more case from Aug. of 2005
Sometimes it gets to me, mix that with some lonliness and you get depression. Some days I have to really force myself to get out of bed.
I have tried so hard to do the right thing but my past creeps up on me and hits me in the face like a hammer.
I don't take anything for depression something I have considered when depression trys to take over my thought process.
While in this depression one big problem is fatague and a huge lack of energy. The lawyers at work notice and try to help me. Thank god there good people and dont hold my past against me but look at the present and how I conduct myself today and my tomorrows.
Marcie I am human and even though I think of myself as a strong independent man, I also have to understand that I have some weaknesses and that I am not a bad person because of those weaknesses. I will always be labeled an addict and that comes with a huge price. I always wanted to be a lawyer and now paralegal is the highest I can achieve. I have decided to be the best Paralegal in the country and not dwell on what I cant have!
Helpful - 0
I caught your comment as I was leaving. thanks I copied and pasted it and passed it along to my husband. I gives me hope and it will certainly give him hope. thanks so much.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.