Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Side effects of wd, breathing and well more than I should share :)

So yesterday I get by with 1 oxy at 12, I take my 2 norco in the day to help ease wds & instead of the PM dose of oxy I took 1/2 a Norco, not good, I was up by 3:30, ceiling staring till I gave in to an oxy at 4:30, hung out downstairs finally able to sleep at 6:30. My god it sucked, I'm sure I don't have to tell any of you that though. My question. Oxy at 12 Norco at 5 near 8 I start to feel like I'm having trouble breathing. What I mean is at the base of my throat,right above that U shaped bone, go on touch it I will wait :) Swallow & think about back in the throat on top where your nose connects to the throat. The area up there just felt swelled. I could breath & didn't have trouble taking in air,but I thought about every breath & started to breath what I would call shallow, almost hypervenelation the more I swallow & think the more it felt like it was closing in, but I never gasped for air. I managed to take a cat nap, hoping it passes in time, I wake up and it is still there. Drink OJ, sit up thinking maybe sinus something is draining & swelling. Felt a bit better & soon it was gone by around 10. I can still feel some of that swelling when I swallow. Normal? Hubby felt my side glands & said they felt swallen, again.. normal? 2nd now let me prepare you this is TMI so read at your own risk so we know these pills mess with the colon, cause constipation & such but I have noticed that there seems to be strong itch back, down ummm there. Lord don't make me get specific, all I can hope is if this is common, someone knows what I am saying and is nodding going "yes yes yes"
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
sorry hun, not familiar with any of this.  The breathing scares me.  Should you be on allergy meds or something?  Swollen gland...again can be allergies, not always sickness like strep or something.  Itch.. how old are you? Diet, SUGAR...the itch enemy...STRESS... but usually it comes (with me) from overdoing tylenol...that is in the vics.   CAn take straight vic and it doesn't happen....again allergic reaction to too much ****.   Drinnk LOts OF WATER.  
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
as long as you can breath more or less ok don't worry about it too much - I was an ambulance driver for awhile and when things close up you really feel it and can't breathe... the focusing on it and worrying about it definitely can make it worse... the fact you could drift off awhile is a real good sign... keep an eye on it (swallow an eyeball)  (just kiddin') but don't worry about it...    Good Luck and Hang in There!! You're doing great...
Helpful - 0
Well..I do NOT want to get specific..but are you sure that you don't have any hemrhoids?
Those can make you itch like a banchy. Don't ask me how I know!
But that is a possibility. God I hate to ask this here, wish I had your e-mail LOL...but what the hay I am a blunt person so here goes....
Does it make you want to constantly go back into the restroom to wipe? Like that releives it?
I am hoping that you are now saying:
YES, YES, YES! LMAO!

I BETTER NOT hear anything bad about this post either....I know this is an addiction forum but at least this is in ONE thread. LOL

(Embarrased now)
Tracy
PS:
If you answered yes to either of the above questions, try soaking in a warm bath with either baking soda..or some of those little oatmeal bar things(I used to use them on the kids for a diaper rash?)...or whatever you can use in the tub for some comfort.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.