Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

tweeter

i am a christian to, although i dont go to church, my kids go to a private christian church. i admire you for praying to god for help. i've been on lorcets 10mg about 15 a day for 5yrs. i have a real chronic pain issue, and they are prescribed to me. i went c/t over a week ago, w/ a few slips, but only a few vic 5mg here and there. this is my 3rd detox and your posting really touched something in me.

see i'm always praying, but my prayers are "god just one more script and i promise i'll do right this time" never "god help get off of these pills and addiction"

the pills have consumed my life for so long, you've made me realize it has consumed my prayers also.

tonight i'm going to start praying for help, not more. funny isn't it how something can take over your life SO COMPLETELY...you are no longer the person you once were.
also do you have any children?
Thank you,
Tink
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Just wanted to check in with you today and see how you are doing.  I made it one day dropping down to 4 lorcets (mine are also 10 mg).  It's the little accomplishments you have to feel great about to build onto the next one!  I'm praying today goes as well..if not better.  If you would like, I really could use a partner for accountability.  Are you interested in supporting each other??  Or is there anyone else out there who feels they would like a partner for accountability/support?  For me, I think that would make a big difference as opposed to tackling this addiction all alone.  I'd welcome anyone!
Helpful - 0
One of should invent and bottle a method for people to feel good we would all be cazillionares........
Helpful - 0
I was touched by your comments.  I truly believe God puts people in your path for a reason and at the right time (it's part of his plan that we don't see!).  Yes, I do have children...two teen's.  One that will be 17 next week and another 13 to be 14 in June.  Yes, it's amazing how we can let something consume us totally.  Prior to the lorcets, it was wine that I thought I needed to help "relax" me.  I'm tired of struggling from one thing to another, that's why I'm putting it in God's hands and taking it one day at a time.  Ever really wonder WHY some of us are so vulnerable to addictive behavior while others are not??  That's a question I ponder alot!  Hang in there.  I couldn't imagine what you are going thru as I am not in your shoes, but God does! Keep in touch!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.