Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

sorry to all....

i want to apologize if i offended anyone in my post to LIZZIE LOU. maybe i am just being a b*tch today

i went c/t over a week ago, with the execption of a few vic 5mgs here and there. the day after c/t i had to go to dentist and have a root canal done, ouch...

plus i do suffer from chronic pain from scar tissue and adhesions, after 8 surgeries the drs say "nothing else to do but pain management". so i cut myself off pain meds cause i abuse them alot.

anyways the past few days or so it's flared up big time when i went back to work, and i know its "real pain" cause my belly swells real big on the side w/ the pain. and i have no meds cause "I" cut myself off.

so i havent slept well, been up since 5am and maybe i'm a little crabby.
Whats a girl to do???
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
crabbines is bound to happen. our feelings physically and emotionally have been supressed for so long. i have been the same way this week with dealing with work, tooth and everything else. we are gonna have it happen. so don't worry about it. its normal.
Helpful - 0
I was not offended, just you said what everyone was thinking, lol.. I am the biggest ***** of all when I am C/T, Its like I am possessed, its funny, I guess we are a little, now that I think about it.. I dont want her to stop coming. i just think she is angry about her sons addiction and I can understand, being on the other side can be hell.. But, her comments were a little on the harsh side.  Hopefully, she will take your advice just as she has been giving it and understand.  We are just all trying to get better,,,Huggs
Helpful - 0
Go to the PMS Forum, or the pitty party forum
Am I better than I was 5 years ago just cause this time i got hooked on pills from the dentist instead of Cryatal that I made and took myself for ADHD?
I dont think so and you are no better than a street junkie just cause you got hooked on something you got from the doctor.
I was willing to sit back and take it from you for a little while but I'm tired of hearing your invitations to yo9ur pity party followed by a shallow appology with an excuse to go with it
Helpful - 0
An Addict is an addict we all have the same disease and we all need support in filling the spiritual hole that we have been filling with drugs, no matter what caused aur addiction to flare up, it did and it's all the same.
Try some meetings where real soberpeople are with YEARS of experience are there to help you cause you're gonna need it.
"hope this didn't offend anyone" maybe I'm just a little bit crebby today cause I haven't taken my drugs and gotten high lately"
"what's a guy supposed to do"
Helpful - 0
its sad you mistook my apology as an excuse...i dont need or want pity from anybody, guess w/ all your yrs of experience you've never had a "bad day"
I just love it when a man tells me to go to a PMS meeting, sorry no PMS here (had a hysterectomy at age 27) and do have a legite medical problem.
i'm not crabby because I DONT HAVE MY DRUGS
i'm tired and in pain from real life medical problems.
i know addiction all to well, and i am very intouch w/ mine. thats why i'm suffering thru the pain "pill free"
at least i am honest w/ myself about my issues. this is my battle to fight and mine alone. i didnt get hooked on pills from a one time dentist visit, i got hooked from yrs of surgery.

i'm sincere and honest when i post on this board and have made many friends...who are supportive no matter what.
Helpful - 0
Before words go any further, some of the best things about this forum is that we all have a common ground.  Addiction.  Whether it be with us or our loved ones. Emotions can get high, but for the most part we are all the same.

Funny this "street junkie" topic came up because I was just talking to hubby the other night.  I have never taken more meds than needed, never ran out at the end of month (actually came up ahead), never got a script anywhere but my Dr. and didn't go to my Dr. for that script with the intention of getting high. I did in the end continue accepting the scripts even though I didn't need them as often just so I didn't feel like s***  Do I clasify myself differently.  Yeah. but am I better than anyone else.  Hell No. I am fighing this fight just like the rest of you, and doing pretty damn good thanks to a LOT of you.  For that I owe more than I could give.

Your right Dpilot, your words did come out harsh, you personally attacked another addict who is here fighting for her life back just like you and I.  You more or less belittled her, mocking her with the pity party comments.  Your not that kinda person, you have offered some great adivice on this board and are a great asset, but that was just hurtful comment with no productive ending.  Great thing about each of us, is we all snap and have bad days, see in ourselves and can see past it in a fellow addict. and move on.  

Some of us, including Tink are living with pain, we have to make a choice, find another alternative to pain management or fall victim to the dirty secret again and again.  I for one don't want to live my days on this earth popping pills. Maybe sharing that we hurt is a way of letting those around us know, look the pain is here, it hurts like a mother but I am still fighting this fight and not giving in.

I for one will applaude Tink and all the rest of you for not giving in and to finding an alternative to pain control, you are slowly taking back your lives and I to hope to one day join the ranks of all you pill free members.

*tapering one day at time... Baby Steps
Helpful - 0
Don't you worry about this hun...it happens and I know for a fact you are not having a pity party!
And if you did? I would come anyhow!

Huggs g/f

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.