Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Country_Girl100

Hi and welcome to the forum...and NO you are not a lost cause.  You have recognized your problem and are seeking help and that's what we are here for to give help and be helped! This addiction prevents us from living life and being able to take care of and enjoy our families.  We become so obsessed with our pills/when is the next refill/do I have enough to last til then.  All our other responsiblities get put on the back burner so we can cater to our demons!  I came here 12  days ago to get my life back and little by little I can see myself as I was before I was a druggie!  I like her much better by the way and so does my family.  It is tough as you can see if you have been reading all the posts but it is worth a try to get your life back. You said you have two children...Many of us that are here have families so you can see that you are not alone in this and we want to help you however we can!  What are your plans for stopping and do you have some support at home?  I detoxed two times on my own and it was hell...this time my husband was there to help me with the children and just support me through the worst.  
I am so sorry about your friend but you can see what can happen to us!  I will pray for you and we are here so keep posting!
Marcie
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thank you for replying to my post.i've been sitting here all day just waiting for someone to answer me.yes it has gotten to the point to where im always worried if i will have enuff pills to do the things i have to do like go grocery shopping,school fuctions etc..i have even missed my kids ballgames because i couldnt find a pill..i find myself getting aggitated with my kids when i dont have them too and to me thats awful...the only support i have is my husband but he is also an addict so we are both looking to find out the best way to get off this ****..we've tried before and it was torture as you know..my mom and dad say that its all in my head so no help there...when my friend died it opened my eyes alot but i found myself taking more in order to deal with that.. weird i know but thats how i feel..have you been clean for 12 days? if so you are a godsend...how bad was your habit? if you dont mind my asking...you have made my day..thank you so much..ok now im crying..hope to talk to you soon...  
Helpful - 0
Hey...yes I've been clean for 12 days thanks to God and the wonderful people here and my husband!  I was taking 10-15 10mg norco a day for about 2 1/2 yrs.  I went through detox 2x before (if you get a chance, read my post from yesterday...I had to detox in Italy over the summer because I ran out of pills 5 days before we came home!!!Hell on earth!) This time I again ran out but I could have gotten a refill. I got some time from work, told my husband and two oldest children what was happening and went c/t.  I started innocently enough due to 2 herniated discs/backsurgery 3/06/recurrent herniation. But the pills took over my life and I was taking them to function. The pain gets bad but not OPIATE bad everyday!  So you see,we all have a common thread..lots of responsibilities, families and this crazy condition called addiction. I hope you find we can help you.  People will post, it was quite a busy day today and your post actually can get lost at the end of someonelse's. Do you think you can see an addiction doctor? or do you think you want to do c/t.  Many options but recovery is the goal! I hope you have a good night. Please keep us updated!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Welcome and get better.......
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.