Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

post by Dpilot....

I have to say this...
I am a new comer here and I am STRUGGLING to get pills out of my life. I DO NOT throw myself a "pity party" and if I wanted to so the F what! For someone like dpilot to come here and say that really ticks me off! If he is so strong and sober then why did he start to post in the first place. I hope the people who are here, the good ones, the ones who listen to people and offer kind words of encouragement do not leave. That is why I post here. The advice helps and sometimes just talking to people who feel the same as I do, it really helps. Even if I have PMS or want to vent or whatever i know i can because most people here are really supportive and understand where I'm comming from. So to all my friends, I invite you to my PMS driven pity party.....

And Dpilot....you can take your comments and shove it. Looks like you should get out of here and stick to your meetings!!!!!
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Lady don't segregate yourself from us, true I didn't wear a fentanyl patch, I opened it and took the jell out and.........
fentanyl was in the primo class to me along with Dilaudid
both are very strong but what is the real difference. Your addicted to fentanyl so was I among other things. Were all the same here the only difference is the degree of addiction and withdrawl.
Some of us are further down the line in recovery than others but that isnt' a reason to segregate either...

I hope you stay and I enjoy reading your posts,,,,,
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I don't post much because not many people here are on the fentanyl patch. I once asked a couple questions but no one replied except vicaddict, beachtowel, and dpilot. And of course, nefresh. I take whatever advice is given to me and consider it. Then I take it or leave it, but I don't take it out on anyone and I know it was given to me in good faith.

I settle for scraps. I'm not in "the loop" but if not for dpilot and the handful of others, I would think myself invisible. I watch and honestly think dpilot was trying to help people. I have to understand that people can't help me when they don't know anything about my patches. It's an opiate just like so many are taking, but it enters my body in a different way. I don't feel sorry for myself. I don't get mad at others. I take the good stuff from this forum and try to apply it to me.

I'm making another cut tomorrow. Nefresh has helped me so much and his emails keep me going. See, I'm not a poor overlooked woman. I am just a member of this forum who wants to get off fentanyl patches. I absolutely refuse to hate anyone. Hate only destroys the vessel it's carried in.

Sypryglyde is also on the patch and he has helped me a lot and I hope I have helped him.

Take Care and God Bless All
Helpful - 0
That is not what it is all about. We are here to help each other. People here are in pain and can be forgiven for venting. It takes adults to apologize to one another, were addicts.
Tink might of been having a very bad day fighting deamons, Dpilot the same both have recanted and spoke very civil and I commend them both!!!!!
Helpful - 0
OMG  Would you all just get over it and let it drop?  I am female and behind Dpilot all the way.  Sounded like a total pity party on here to me today.  Tink was way off base to jump all over someone who wasn't even addressing her.  If Dpilot was offended or thought she was harsh, it would have been his place to tell her.  Get a life.
Helpful - 0
Since this post was directed to me I will respond. I don't think that in the past I have ever posted an offending comment or question towards you. I do believe that I have in the past offered you some nice words of encouragement. Maybe check the logs. I also know that I have not untill today ever belittled, or offended anyone on this forum and if I offended you today it was not ment to be aimed towards you. It was ment to be aimed at the person who was offending and belittling myself and others like me. I, as always, wish you the best of luck in your recovery in whatever form that may be. I believe that if you were able to ask the people in the forum how many were offended by any posts or comments  that I made before today you would find that number to be very low if any.
Good luck with your recovery
Helpful - 0
ditto!
Helpful - 0
Addicts, withdrawls, pity, lonliness, guilt, depression, sometimes it gets the best of good people.
Dpilot tryed to make a point and oxy made hers, communication and helping each other here is number one and please don't forget that.
Were addicts, I have been sober for a year but what not dream of putting myself above anyone here. My fight is everyday and thank god I learned the tools and have dealt with my core issues which fueled my addiction over the years. I still fight depression and cravings but they are getting much more spaced out as time goes by.
I 100% believe that NA is Essential to recovery. I have been to bad meetings that really sucked and couldn't wait to leave. You have to find a meeting that suits you, if your 20 yrs old you don't want a seniors meeting.
Home group in NA is a must to stay in recovery, incase your wondering this is not my opinion but the opinion of over 4.7 million registered AA members in US and Canada.

Helpful - 0
sorry if I went crazy in that last post, it's just that lately aome people have not been very understanding ya know. Today was a bad day for me. I'm going through w/d's and for some reason I offered to sit for 3, 7 year old boys on top of my 7 year old girl and 15 month old son. Let me just say I will not do that again!!!! the hot tub will be calling my name tonight.
Thats what I like about this site, if you are in a bad mood and need to vent you can. thats what friends are for right? thanks tink :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.