Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

vicodin- Liver ALT Numbers

Due to whip lash i have been taking NORCO 10/325 for over year. I only take  one pill a day but sometimes two., i.e 650 MG of acetimniphen a day, or the equivalent of one and a quarter extra strength tylenol.  My concerns is not the I get near the 4000 limit of acet. intake but the continuity of it.  My Liver ALT numbers were 122 (normal range of of 11-55 i belive).. i was on statins so that in conjunction that intake may have contributed?  i stopped the statins but because of that number i had barrage of liver tests that were ok.  I do  not know if ALT numbers have gone down or not since then.  My question is, is running high ALT number like that on ongoing basis detrimental like , for instance running high BP number is??
also, might 325 or 650 day acetm.. input in conjunction with 10 mg of liptor NOT advisable to the Liver?  Lastly, is that amount of acet. inadvisable on ongoing basis?  
any proff. input appreciated.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
my Doc told me the standard is no longer to allow 4,000 mg of aceto a day.. they ( med system I guess) have lowered it to 2,000 as the limit to aceto in Vics/meds  I have not seen this online yet in my research,  but trust what he is telling me.

So he switched me to 7-8 5mg as meeded Oxy plains for now...and i am glad to be away from that much aceto daily anyway.  

They  did a blood test I am crossing my fingers my liver is OK, I dont know yet,  or what is normal, will find out soon
Helpful - 0
What is that? I am so non informed when it comes to meds. I know my vic's and some other mild stuff but that is all. Just curious as I have never heard of them.
Helpful - 0
Hi hun....I am not a Dr..so I am really not o fmuch help. But I am sure someone here can answer your question...

I do know though that if Dr is checking those levels, and he/she is aware of both meds..then I assume it is fine. But if it is worrying you I would talk to your Dr., and see what he/she has to say. I know I too worry about the affect on my liver and I am up to like at least 8pills of hydro daily..well I was...have cut back recently but still worries me of the damage that may already be done....I really would discuss with your doc your concerns, maybe doc can run some more tests and if nothing else maybe that will ease your mind.
Sorry I am not of much help!!
Huggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
There may be something else going on with your liver.

When I was taking 3 grams of APAP, my numbers were ALT 68 - AST (AXT maybe?) 74

The next blood test I had, I was taking over 6 grams a day. Both numbers jumped into the 90's.

Now with all that said - My body during this time frame, I'd say I averaged 3 grams... with 3-4 week spikes into the 6 gram range and 1-3 spikes down to 0. However, average the year, and it was 3 grams.

In any case, my numbers are lower -- 1 - 650Mg should not be raising your counts that high. Unless maybe your body is very sensitive to the substance? I'm not a Dr, not even close, but figured I'd give you my numbers to compare with.
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
you sound like you need a doc!  but from my experience also taking statins and about a zillion times the tylenol you've been taking you should be aok with Heaven's help...  ask a good doc but I don't think you have any prob        Good Luck!          Nefesh
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.