Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182775 tn?1209736027

Reassurance - Sleep Will Come

When I was struggling through C/T and for three weeks afterward I was up most of the night, walking the house and trying to make myself exhausted enough to nod off and get just 1-2 hours of rest.

I was constantly tempted to "just take one pill" so I could get some sleep.  I had every rationalization in the book as to why I deserved that "one pill".  On the flipside, I told myself that "one pill" wouuld become more and eventually I would have to go through the same thing all over again.  

Well, for the last three days I have gotten a full nights sleep.  

The sole reason I am posting this is to give reassurance and encouragement to others that normal and restful sleep WILL COME BACK !   I urge everyone to not give in to "just take one pill".  Sleep will happen and you will feel much better.  

George
Day 26

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
i thank you for sharing this, that is one of my biggest concerns. i am not a fan of not sleeping and always want to take a pill if i can't. so far with my taper i have been lucky and have slept fine. got a script for that Lunesta stuff for when i actually need it, if i do..
Helpful - 0
Can you come to my house and walk with me?  I am pushing a taper mode and still fighting the sleepless nights, I did give in at 4:30am (my previous dose of that med was noon the day prior).  I am SO tired, but my mind is racing so damn fast and I feel so angry inside.

I feel like my sister the first time she started her period... NOONE has ever had it this bad and felt like this....  okay got that out :)
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
I am so grateful for the help from this Forum and I would gladly come over and "walk the house" with anyone, were that possible.

Believe me...sleep will come and you will feel refreshed.    

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.