Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Suboxone questions

I have a couple of Suboxone questions if anyone here knows the answers.
1.  Is the treatment and prescription covered by insurance?
2.  How tough is it to find a doctor accepting new patients?
3.  Do you have to go to the doctor daily or are the meds prescribed to you to take home?

TIA

JOE
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Don't know if you will read this today but, just to let you know I didn't have a problem finding a doc to take me it used to be that they could only see 30 patients max foe addiction and to prescribe suboxone but now they increased that to 100 patients so it should not be a problem getting in, and second my insurance covers 50% of my visits being that it is considered outpatient detox and that is my copay and I only pay my $15 copay for the prescription.. So if your insurance covers substance abuse than you are all set..
Helpful - 0
I dont know for sure but I know that skyfoxglitter does.
Helpful - 0
Thanks, I read that earlier.  My main question is whether or not insurance covers the meds and visits to the doctor.  I haven't read one way or the other.

JOE
Helpful - 0
I think it depends on what type of insurance you have. I suggest you call and ask them.  My insurance has told me that they cover it but i cant say for certain that every company will
Helpful - 0
skyfoxglitter could probably answer all these questions I posted under Help with WD's how they work and some clinical info if you want to read it...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.